fdeconiac
Paid Project : PIWIGO Integration (photo gallery)
  • 2011/3/9 10:18

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

Hi everyone,

I'm now using extgallery and TDMPicture, two nice modules, but still far away from Piwigo gallery to my mind.

I really appreciate the fact to keep album structure in FTP and manage my db with just one "synchronization" click !

I would like to use it in xoops so i could manage user rights on it...

I think i could get a budget from my association to develop the integration or to develop extgallery/TDMPicture so these modules could manage synchronization....

Are some developers interested by such project and able to determined the cost ?

Are other interested user that would like to join me on this project ?

Kindly regards

redheadedrod
Re: Paid Project : PIWIGO Integration (photo gallery)

With the ongoing work to upgrade extgallery you could ask for some upgrades to be added there perhaps?

I am making some considerations of doing some reworking of some modules and extgallery is one of them.. Been some changes at home and a site I was working on so I am debating myself which module to work on next. With voltan working with the extgallery I am considering doing some work with it too.

Biggest things I am looking at is separating the albums into separate directories and providing an easy way to move albums.

I am also looking at a couple different things to make it easier to upload pictures as well.

And lastly I want to develop the public, private aspects of the albums so it can be used in some projects I am working on down the road.

Not sure if I will get into much more with it.

Rodney

fdeconiac
  • 2011/3/9 12:30

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

Hi redheadedrod,

I'm agree that there is a lot of hope with extgallery module, after all the new updates we saw from voltan work!

But i'm scare what i'm asking would change the basis of the module and so that would be rejected... after all the recent work, i would understand that!

By the way, the 2 points you show are the 2 points i'm also asking for :
=> having albums in separate folder in ftp (not only on db) - that would simplify a saving copy (in case of crash...) on our hard drive
=> simplify the upload method (the java appli doesn't work fine for me - lot of bug, moreover if i want to keep original photo in big size...)

Have you an idea of deadlines for your projects ?
Do you know PIWIGO (nice structure ideas for inspiration...) ?
How could i help you ?

Please let me know about it ;)

Regards,

Francois

Mamba
  • 2011/3/9 12:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Biggest things I am looking at is separating the albums into separate directories and providing an easy way to move albums.

Same here. Gallery does it, and TadGallery as well, so there is GPL code around to see how they did it.

I hope, version 2.0
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Instead of hijacking this thread I decided to make a new one here...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=73407&post_id=337053#forumpost337053

But I will look at this when I get the chance as well and see what is necessary.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits