alien-shot
SmartSection add a field
  • 2011/1/24 13:15

• alien-shot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/21

Hello!
Tell me please how can I add a module Smartsection another field to store the dates?
For example now I have the Title field, Introduction article, the main text of the article, etc.
I want to add another text box with the date, which would be stored in the database and display the page with the article!

Mamba
Re: SmartSection add a field
  • 2011/1/24 15:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I suggest to use Publisher, which fixes several issues/bugs present in the Smart Section.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

alien-shot
  • 2011/1/24 18:14

• alien-shot

• Just popping in

The boys and I are quite satisfied with SmartSection, this is a great module! Only for it to be fully fit for my needs I need to understand how I can make extra fields! You can help me, even the example s modulus Publisher?

Balzac
  • 2011/1/24 23:48

• Balzac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

Why would you want to add a field which already excists?

Adding an extra field is a lot of work and not that easy. Best is to look at the fields which excists and how they are made within the modulescript.

Mamba
  • 2011/1/25 1:01

• Mamba

Quote:
The boys and I are quite satisfied with SmartSection, this is a great module!

As stated in this thread:

Quote:
Publisher has better performance, uses less memory and although it is in pre-alpha stage, it is being used on many sites with big size tables.

Mboyden described the main problem of smartsection very well. It loads all fields for each object and parse them even when they are not to be displayed. Even a categories dropdown can bring your server to the knees if you have many of them.

For an example of Publisher you can go here
Support XOOPS => DONATE

alien-shot
  • 2011/1/25 6:30

• alien-shot

• Just popping in

I do not understand why I suggest you use the module Publisher?
I did say that I like skmartsection yes, and what difference in principle! Tell me when the module publisher to add another field! I want this field to store the date and display it on the article page! Only the date should be in a separate box!

Balzac
  • 2011/1/25 9:45

• Balzac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

If you like smartsection that is ok. But the module Publisher is in fact smartsection but solved some important bugs. See related topic and mamba's words.

I still don't understand why you want to add an extra date field if this field already excistst!
If you create an article the re is a date publishing field in the form!
To show or hide the publishing date on the index page, take a look at the settings. It is a setting to show/hide the date.
Within the article itself the date of publishing is also shown.
So therefore I really don't understand your question. A link to your website and perhaps an example screenprint to show what exactly you want would be more helpfull.

See:
http://www.xuups.com/modules/publisher/
http://www.maltasport.com/modules/intersport/category.php?categoryid=11/ (this a cloned version of publisher)

Mamba
  • 2011/1/25 9:52

• Mamba

1) I recommend Publisher because SmartSection has a lot of bugs. But if you want to continue to use it, then of course it's your choice.

2) Of course you can add a new field, but it would have to be done programmatically, i.e. you would have to rewrite the module. As Balzac mentioned, it's not an easy task.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

alien-shot
  • 2011/1/25 11:44

• alien-shot

• Just popping in

I know it's not an easy task! Can you help me?
I need to know more about smarty that uses XOOPS! And how interrelated templates and module files!

alien-shot
  • 2011/1/25 11:54

• alien-shot

• Just popping in

If you look at my website! You can see the module in which there is smartsection article! So this module Liaise (which I copied), receiving from each article title, duration and dates! Now the date recorded in the field with the main text, and to me they have to handle by means of tags <div id="454354"> date </ div> I want to keep these dates in the database!
Here's a link to the articlehttp://www.avb.ru/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=120

And here is the link to the applicationhttp://www.avb.ru/modules/liaise/index.php?form_id=1 &
To not use the file_get_content I want to store dates in the database in separate fields! So I need to understand how you can add more fields to the module!

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits