Omarza1
Problem with creating link in custom menus
  • 2011/1/20 16:28

• Omarza1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/1/20

Hi everyone

I have a small problem. I have figured out the custom menus and it is working fine except I struggle to link the menu options to custom blocks created in Xoops (Custom Block (HTML). Where are these blocks stored (folder)...is it in html files separately as I cant find them...as it doesnt seem to be under the theme/modules/system/blocks folder.

What i'm doing...I have a custom menu on the left and each option on that menu needs to display a custom block in the centre when a user clicks on it. The menu is created and I created all the necessary custom blocks from the block manager...around 15 i guess and they are all set to Visible=NO...ie to not display as I would like to display them as a user clicks on the respective menu item associated with each block.

Basically if I have a link to the custom html file i'm set...i think..lol

Thanks in advance :)

ghia
Re: Problem with creating link in custom menus
  • 2011/1/20 23:33

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I think you better leave visible on, but set it invisble with the block's class or id (available in some themes) through CSS. The menu will then toggle this CSS property for having it visualised by a little JavaScript.

(Easiest way for having different pages is to install a module as eg News or Content.)

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits