JimmyBrownie
Starting with Xoops & Tons of problems :-)

My problem is plain, simple & probably easy to solve
I have installed xoops on my server, everything is working like a charm. But...
In other cms systems its quite easy to create a new pages create menu & atach pages to menu items etc.
Blocks are cool, but they cant solve my problems

How can create a new page on my site in xoops?
How can i create menu?

What i need is really simple site - menu, few pages, text & pictures. Thats it

I need to download some new modules? If so, what i should download to be able to create a menu & new pages + a nice, minimalistic immage gallery with option of customization (like how many images in a row etc)

Thanks in advance sorry for my bad english

My Xoops version is 2.5

playsome
Re: Starting with Xoops & Tons of problems :-)
  • 2011/1/19 13:10

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello, welcome to xoops.

If you are just looking for some simple pages of static html.text content then I reccomend Mastop Publish modulehttps://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1901

It allows you to create html pages using a built in editor and you can add text and images, there are also several otehr good content modules with similar functionality check out the static content category herehttps://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=94 or xoops modules on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/files/XOOPS%20Module%20Repository/XOOPS2/

Many of the content modules also have built in menus which you display using the modules block to allow users to get to your created pages. If you want another menu then check out Multimenu it allows you to create custom links you can link to your pages or other content.

There are also several image gallery modules here https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=36 the best thing to do is to install xoops locally on your pc using XAMP and install the modules and see which ones suit your needs best.

xoobaru
  • 2011/1/20 0:49

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hi JB,

You can use a block as follows to create a custom menu with text, images or both:

Create a simple html table of one or two colums in your favorite html editor, with as many rows as URLS you want to appear in the menu. You can have icons in one column, text descriptor in the other. Now assign each image with the corresponding target URL of the module you want it to open by right click copying the URL for that module from the XOOPS main menu. For the URL that tells the system where your image is, you have to use the full URL of your site

i.e. http(s)://myxoopssite.com/theme/whatever/images/iconxxx.gif

or the icon will disappear when you select to go into a module.

Now go into blocks admin, create a custom block, name it, assign permissions, and copy the html code for the table you just created and paste into the script area of the block, and select html in the select box below. Submit changes and close out into block admin and drag it where you want it to display and then look to see if it shows up in your main page.

Once you verified the menu block works, you can clone it and assign each clone to different user group on your site, addng/removing/changing URLS in the html table code in each block to suit the privileges you set for each user group.

Once verified all URL's work and icons display, you can then disable the main menu as it is now redundant.

Don't know about getting a simple page to display in the center container other than using a block. My best understanding is that XCenter is supposed to display center content, but I have experienced issues with it overwriting the whole display rather than just the center, probably an issue with the theme I use.

Hope this helps. Good luck and welcome.

wishcraft

Quote:

JimmyBrownie wrote:

What i need is really simple site - menu, few pages, text & pictures. Thats it

I need to download some new modules? If so, what i should download to be able to create a menu & new pages + a nice, minimalistic immage gallery with option of customization (like how many images in a row etc)

I suggest you use xcenter 2.x for this, if you are making a simple WGC Site. It does menus and page layout.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

xoobaru
  • 2011/1/20 14:42

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Just dynamic menus?

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits