redheadedrod
Xoops Poll

Thanks to Mazarin I have his latest version of XoopsPoll and I am looking into adding some features to this module.

If you have anything you would like to see added to this module please let me know.

At this point I am not familiar with Jquery at all so that will be down the road.

I plan to work with Mazarin to try and get this module up and running with some new features.

I am looking to add some functions to this module to get it prepared for some future modules so I am hoping to get this module updated, debugged and add features. Mazarin was kind enough to inform me where he was at with this module so I will be looking into what I can do to get it ready for making some changes while keeping it compatible with CBB etc.

Rodney

mariane
Re: Xoops Poll
  • 2011/1/18 21:12

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

what kind of features you wish to add? to the fonctionality of the module or to the look?
the road of success is always under construction

redheadedrod

Going to start with the functionality and go from there.

There will be some rating options added and support for other types of polls and whatever else I can add that makes sense.

Will look at the over all module and see where improvements can be made in the user experience as well.

As I think I have already mentioned, I am not versed (Yet) in jquery so most look changes will happen later.

Once I learn Jquery I expect to add lots of visual changes to the program at all levels to make the user experience much nicer.

I have a social network type site I am developing and this module as well as pm, profile and a couple others will be core modules to my system thus the major changes I plan to make.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

oilkp
  • 2011/1/19 4:25

• oilkp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/30

- ability to add severals poll in one block - right now one block one poll
- clonable poll blocks
- we can chhose which poll id to show in block (show > more than 1 poll)

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=324501#forumpost324501

Mazarin
  • 2011/1/19 12:26

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

That's not correct oilkp. You can have multiple polls in the poll block in the current version. However, cloned blocks and choosing which poll(s) to be shown in which block is not.

We'll see what we can do about it

oilkp
  • 2011/1/19 13:13

• oilkp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/30

oops...
my mistake..

ok will wait for the two new features added

TQ

hipoonios
  • 2011/1/19 13:56

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

- ability to have images as answers.
I love Xoops!

redheadedrod

Sorry, I should say "We" instead of "I".

Anyhow, as to images, are you basically saying you want lets say to ask a question such as "Which object is most round?" and then there are 5 different pictures to choose from? That sort of thing?

The only issue I see here is that the pictures will have to be uploaded so will have to see how it goes.

Will be looking into the structure of this module over the next week or so and look into what this module needs to support the potential additions. While doing this I may also be refractoring the module to make it more php5 compatible if necessary and to make it easier to update in the future. This would be the time to add anything new to the structure of the module.

The finished product will hopefully support single question polls, blind polls, multi question polls (surveys), Rating system that uses multiple questions to give an over all rating as well as average per question ratings. There may be other things included as well.

I would like to eventually include a jquery option to animate the poll selections to allow the user to use a variety of options instead of just showing select boxes or radio boxes. Make it look much more professional. (A slide bar for ratings might be nice with user configurable graphics.)

So there is my idea with this. Any additional ideas will be incorporated if possible. This will be a slow process as I know both of us are busy with things. I am also going to be designing and building other modules while working on this one.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits