redheadedrod
New features for X3?

I have heard wishcraft mention this but since we are going to a whole new core I would like to see much more integrated multisite support.

With this I would like to see multisite get to a point where we will have the choice to use shared resources or separate resources at the module level. By this I mean you should be able to choose by module if it is shared between sites or kept separate.

And memberships should be included in core. This could be something as simple as having a time limit on a group so that when someone joins a new group they have a time limit after which they are removed from that group and perhaps added to another group if necessary. Promotion to this new group could then be easily done by a membership module or by hand. But supporting it in core would make it alot easier in the long run. No need to have a full membership system in the core but atleast support memberships like this.

Also would love to see user permission over rides. This would allow someone to give an individual permissions regardless of the group they are in so you can give individuals special privileges. You can do this now with groups but making a group for one person seems a bit over kill. If I only want to give someone admin access to a module I should be able to do it for just that user without having to setup a new group just for them.

Along with this you should be able to clone permissions from another group when you build a new group. This way you don't have to enter ALL the permissions for the group by hand if they are only a few permissions from being exactly the same as another group.

phppp
Re: New features for X3?
  • 2011/1/18 2:26

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I am cleaning the new Xoops Engine (or X3) code.
Hopefully it will be ready for community development and X3 site will also be set up.
Before then, we can talk about the new Engine at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/forums/forum/1280117

Login

Who's Online

262 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 262

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits