superdave
Incorrect physical paths
  • 2010/12/21 3:06

• superdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/11

I've used XOOPS for a number of years and have installed several in the past, however, I'm working with a new web host and they haven't been particularly helpful with resolving my problem during installation. l have uploaded the files to the root folder and set all the necessary permissions. I am also able to run the installer, on all step 3, everthing looks like its fine :

Server API cgi-fcgi
Microsoft-IIS/6.0
PHP version 5.2.13
MySQL extension 5.0.51a
Session extension Success
PCRE extension Success
file_uploads ON

All optional extensions are ok as well.

However in step 4 under Paths settings :

XOOPS documents root physical path is blank (which I assume should be the case, since its installed in the root), but I get a message : No XOOPS installation could be found in the specified folder.

I've never come across this problem before. I've tried putting in the remote path details as shown in the FTP (eg. /d:/website), but it doesn't work either.

Anybody have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks!

redheadedrod
Re: Incorrect physical paths

It should not be blank. It tries to pull up the directory that it is in and default to that directory. Not sure of the fix in this case but regardless, the path should not be blank.

It should be the physical path that you have available to you.

If you are unsure of the path try the following...

OPen notebook and enter the following code then save it as path.php

<?php
echo getcwd();
?>

Then put this on the root directory of the site and call it with the pathname similar to the following.

www.yoursite.com/path.php

It should respond with the correct pathname for your site.

Delete this file from your server once you are done with it.

The install script should have pulled this path up for you however so unsure why it isn't working for you but you can try the above and see how it goes.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

superdave
  • 2010/12/21 16:38

• superdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/11

Thanks for the advise. I did that and it came back with :

d:\mysite

but when I keyed that in under XOOPS documents root physical path, and I after I hit Next, it automatically changes to

d:/mysite

and it still says No XOOPS installation could be found in the specified folder.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

redheadedrod

The / is the right slash...

So you have the whole D drive set aside as your www or htdoc directory?

You should check and make sure your directories are readable and writeable. If you have the right path then I am guessing the problem is your permissions.

You MUST use this on a ntfs drive if you are using a windows machine. Using a Fat32 may cause weird issues. (Although if you are using it on a thumb drive you may have no other choice. In that case you arent using it as a production server anyhow..)

I use xampp on my system and bypass the IIS altogether.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits