kailas
Need to Hire a XOOPS Developer to Migrate Old XOOPS to New
  • 2010/12/15 2:29

• kailas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/26

see our XOOPS site:

http://www.hinduismtoday.com

It is built on a very old version of XOOPS. I think it is 1.02 if i look at the /modules/system/xoops_version.php it says, 1.02 . 2006. In another place it mentions 2.0.16 or something ...

At any rate, it is ancient.... We recently upgraded to PHP 5.3.3 on the server, this required upgraded MySQL to 5.1.53. From our -pre-upgrade investigations it appeared everything should have been OK, and XOOPS old core and all the modules worked fine with one exception:

XPressMe which is the integration for an old version of Word Press (2.7 I think...) is failing. I had a PHP "expert" try to debug this, he says for some reason he cannot determine, the WordPress is no longer able to access it's xpress tables in the data base.

We could spend more money trying to fix this, but we are thinking it is now time to upgrade and we are interested in hiring a professional XOOPS developer with at least 5 years experience, to help us install the latest version of XOOPS and migrate the content we have now to the new version.

we use VirtualMin as our control panel and I would set up a new site... dev-htoday.com or something like that, and we would build the new site there as a "sandbox" and when it was all working, we simply change the name of the user in "/home/ to the current user for the live site and the new site is live.

We are using the following modules that would need to be moved to the new site.

System Admin
Smart Blocks
Smart Object
SmartPartner
SmartMedia
SmartSection (customized)
XoopsTube
XpressME (now broken!)
LIase
SiteMap
MySearch
WF-Channel (is this developer still with us?)
Defacer
WF-Downloads
WF-Links
SmartFAQ

Please contact me at studyhall@hindu.org. Besides your background in XOOPS, I would need your complete CV and links to any sites you have built or helped create.

Mahalo, Nandri, Danyavad and Thank You

Kailas

wishcraft
Re: Need to Hire a XOOPS Developer to Migrate Old XOOPS to New

hey Kailas,

I am a XOOPS Developer for Hire, I am willing to come onto your project. I am skilled with modules and can migrate you with some work. I would like to put you on XOOPS 2.5.x series as the XOOPS 3x engine is still in alpha.

You can see my resume on linkin, au.linkedin.com/in/simonaroberts - I have been with the xoops team since 2006.

Thanks

Simon

ps. You can find my contact information on my profile, I ask you use skype as my msn account is cluttered with spam.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

kailas
  • 2010/12/17 2:02

• kailas

• Just popping in

FYI: To those lurking: we have decided to hire Simon and are not entertaining any more responses to this query. "Case Closed" for now.

Cheers

Kailas

kailas
  • 2011/1/24 1:08

• kailas

• Just popping in

We are pleased to announce the upgrade of the www.hinduismtoday.com web site. We were running on a very old 2.1 version that we installed in 2008. Frankly the theme and home page and navigation etc. were in need of a lot of help. We want to thank Simon Roberts (aka "Wishcraft") who we hired at very reasonable rates for the upgrade. He re-did the theme and added custom functions and was a gracious and easy-to-work with collaborator and got the job done in record time. It's good to work with someone who you can trust puts in real work for every hour billed and really knows what they are doing!

We were not sure in 2008 if we had made the right decision with XOOPS, but today, this platform is looking really strong and with the help of experts like wishcraft, we are moving forward!

wishcraft

Pleasure working with you...
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits