webowner
Move to a new domain name...
  • 2010/11/20 0:02

• webowner

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/11/18

Hello,

If I need to change the domain, does this mean that all the text entered into a module will need to be 're-entered' on a new domain?

Or is there some way to export all the information entered / export modules to keep everything the same - on a new server / domain ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

wishcraft
Re: Move to a new domain name...

Quote:

webowner wrote:
Hello,

If I need to change the domain, does this mean that all the text entered into a module will need to be 're-entered' on a new domain?

Or is there some way to export all the information entered / export modules to keep everything the same - on a new server / domain ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

You will need to backup and then import your database, with mysql this is a simple task with sqlYog or phpMyAdmin. If you have problems doing this get in touch with skype i will help you. Remember i am offline till later this week as i am having some computer hardware issues.

Once you have backup your database, import the SQL file on the new service then modify your mainfile.php to suit the website, this will then allow you to see the replica of the site.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

webowner
Re: Move to a new domain name...
  • 2010/11/20 5:54

• webowner

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/11/18

Thank you very much for the reply.

Already moved to new server/domain - and had to re-install Xoops. Everything went well.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits