redheadedrod
Found a bug in Xoops Comment System ... Since 2.4.5...

Since this site has installed 2.4.5 I have noticed weird things happening with the comments. It has been happening as well since 2.5.0 has been installed on this system as well.

Sometimes the comments are missing altogether or will have a blank comment. The blank comment will have the bubble with the user icon on the left just have the user name. No picture or ratings. There will be no content to the comment but will show the line...
Quote:

Posted: 2010/11/1 4:10 • Updated:

I have noticed it at home with the newest version of firefox but it also does it from work with firefox 3.0.3.

Seems to work fine with IE.

At the current time for instance in the X3 news article I show a total of 38 comments of which 15 are blank. The wierd part about it is that I don't see any common links. For instance SOME of the comments from Mamba are blank but then I see other comments just fine.

And if someone leaves another comment then the blank comments could be totally different. But otherwise it is the same until someone adds more comments.

Looking with IE currently I show 38 comments as well but looks correct.

Firefox at work has NO add in's other than the ones that come installed in firefox.

The one at home I was playing with last night and couldn't get it to change. Even if I use the IE rendering engine in firefox it still shows the blank comments.

Rodney

ghia
Re: Found a bug in Xoops Comment System ... Since 2.4.5...
  • 2010/11/3 6:26

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

FireFox version?
The comment is in the database and displayed with IE, but not displayed in FireFox?
Is it depending on the theme?

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits