Here you can download latest version for xoops 2.5.x

biomech
Re: Subscription / membership
  • 2013/1/3 23:05

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Thanks flipse,

Good to hear there has been some movement on this. (And Rodney, I look forward to seeing your work as well!)

With regard to the Membership module made by Simon, is there any documentation available? I've tried to install and am running into some problems:

- My XOOPS install is 2.5.5
1) Unpacked xoops2.5_membership_1.09.zip and got modules/membership and modules/xpayment directories. "membership" is a regular module, while "xpayment" is a plugin - I'm not sure how plugins differ from modules.
2) Uploaded "membership" and "xpayment" to the "modules/" directory on my server.
3) Proceeded to XOOPS Module admin page. Only "membership" showed up in modules to install, not "xpayment."
4) Proceeded to install "membership". The installation output said this at the bottom:
=====
Setting group rights...
Added admin access right for Group ID 1
Added user access right for Group ID: 1
Added user access right for Group ID: 2
Added user access right for Group ID: 3

Failed to execute xoops_module_install_membership

Module Membership installed successfully.
=====

Ok, so... did it install successfully, or not? :)

5) Proceeded to the module Preferences page for "membership" and selected the "Expired Group", etc. Then when I click the "Go" button at the bottom, I get:

=====
A problem has occurred on our server!
Page is currently unavailable

We are working on a fix
Please come back soon ...

Error : Handler does not exist
Module: xpayment
Name: invoice
=====

It looks like this is because the xpayment module / plugin isn't installed. But I don't see xpayment show up in the Modules admin interface (even though it is in the modules/ directory on the server).

Any advice at this point?

Cheers,

- b -

EDIT: Just had a facepalm moment when I realized that I need to install the xpayment _module_ separately from the xpayment _plugin_ FOR the xpayment _module_ that is included in the membership module. Apologies for the confusion. Installing xpayment module... :-/

biomech
  • 2013/1/6 6:46

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

More questions,

(1)
I now have the Membership (ver. 1.09), Xpayment (ver. 1.51), and User Profile (ver. 1.79) modules installed but in the Dashboard screen of the Membership module, I get "Does the required profile module field exist: No". Does this mean that I have the wrong version of the User Profile module installed?

(2)
User Profile (ver. 1.79) apparently allows for login via a user's LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Facebook credentials. In the module Preferences, I've added the Facebook Application ID & Secret, but after logging out, I don't see a prompt to login via Facebook credentials. Is there something else that needs to be done to activate this?

Cheers,

- b -

deka87
  • 2013/1/6 8:32

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

biomech, why don't you use the Subscription module by ThirdEyeSoftware? It used to work alright with my latest Xoops install.

Mamba
  • 2013/1/6 12:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I've updated in our SVN the Subscription module from ThirdEyeSoftware to XOOPS 2.5.5 GUI.

Download: either from our SVN directly, or from our File Repostiory

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

deka87
  • 2013/1/6 13:44

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Quote:
I've updated in our SVN the Subscription module from ThirdEyeSoftware to XOOPS 2.5.5 GUI.

Download: either from our SVN directly, or from our File Repostiory

Good to read that, Mamba!

biomech
  • 2013/3/12 9:34

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

How do I install a payment gateway for PayPal with the Subscription module?

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/12 13:32

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Got hung up there too and their support site is not functional. As for membership module, I wouldn't waste my time unless you have substantial funds to throw at it to complete its development and testing.

biomech
  • 2013/3/14 0:32

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, so my understanding from this is that there is currently no viable / working paid-subscription module for XOOPS that doesn't require a substantial financial investment (ie. there are only commercially-available solutions, if any).

Is that correct?

- b -

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/14 4:03

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hi biomech,

Not as much commercial as it is a case of haste makes waste. While the module was published, the admin back end was completely unworkable, no developer could have missed it under routine testing. Any appeals made when bringing it repeatedly to attention was not acknowledged leaving one to draw one of two conclusions

1. the volume of ideas and ambition exceeded capacity of one person, spreading things too thin to produce at a reasonable quality level, or

2. that the defects were a hook aimed at generating the opportunity to render paid services by the developer for a user hot enough for that functionality to fork over the funds to complete the development and testing.

I am not saying these are the case, these are the possible conclusions I drew. In fairness, I will test this latest 1.09 and see if it does the same. If not, I know of no other modules that do.

The Paypal interface on Subscription module is so dated by now as to be a security risk to your users, possibly incompatible with Paypals post hack upgrades.

Stay tuned.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits