benbook
Serveral question from a beginner webmaster!
  • 2010/9/9 5:11

• benbook

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/9 3

Firstly here is my website: enigma-guild org.

This is my first time working on a website and would like some help. As you can see I have the forums up and running and a shoutbox. I'm looking to get the content pages "Charter", "Rift Roster", and "Vanguard Roster" up and running soon. The problem is I don't know how to create content for the pages. Another problem is I want to center my buttons on my menu bar but I can't seem to figure out how.

For my existing modules I am having a few troubles with xforum. The signatures don't seem to work and one thing my organization is known for is really nice forum signatures. Is there any way to get this working? I tried html/img code.

Also, are there any modules for ventrilo com? I know there is a php ventrilo status script for download there but I can't seen to implement it correctly. I tried some module but it didn't work. A good example of what I want is located vgtrinity org. Also, if there is a recruitment module like the one on that site I'd love to have it!

I want to apologize and give a big thank you to anyone who would care to help. I'm new to being a webmaster and in the past week have learned a lot about this and would love to learn more!

Edit by ghia: Replaced URL's on request.

Again, thanks for helping!

ghia
Re: Serveral question from a beginner webmaster!
  • 2010/9/9 6:43

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Most sites use the News module en use two categories: articles with news and articles with info. The News is published on the front page and the info articles are linked to by the menu.
It is also possible to use other content modules.
For gaming there is also the xRoster module for making listings.
The recruitment seems me a simple html page with info text and images with links, which can also be created in News.
For the Ventrilo, i don't think there is a module, but if you have some html or php code for it, you can integrate it in a custom block.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits