sinem
Text in XOOPS and Modules
  • 2010/9/7 1:11

• sinem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/7 0

Hi,

I have a question maybe simple for you, but right now i am a little bit confused. My question is that: I am creating a website with XOOPS(actually a simple one) but as I am total beginner i dont know how to add texts under some tabs.

As tabs I have Home-Company-Products-News-Contact. For the Products tab, I used the News Module and I am planning to use Content Module for News Tab. For Home page I used one of the Custom Blocks. Now, how can I create a text under Company tab. Do I need another module for it? In Xoops do you need an extra module for each tab? How does it work?

If you can help me, I would be really glad.

ghia
Re: Text in XOOPS and Modules
  • 2010/9/7 6:52

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I think you are talking about some horizontal menu, that is provided with some themes.
Which theme are you using?
This menu has to be customized by you by just providing the items (links to modules) you have or need. You must edit /themes/your_theme/theme.html or one of its included files as eg globalnav.html

If you want to publish regular news articles then the News module is a more logical module.
If you want to present and sell products, then you should have a look at Oledrion.

sinem
  • 2010/9/7 17:23

• sinem

• Just popping in

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I am using mrtechie. It seemed easy to me. it has just 2 files; style.css and theme.html. Now as I changed it, it has 5 tabs and I would like to add a text under company tab. For that do I have to connect it also with a module or is there any other possibility? Later on I would like to add job section, our team, etc sections under company tab, but right now i just have one page. For the product tab, I just want to show the products with the images, but no prices and for now there ll be no online sales. For the news tab there ll be also one page for now, but later on it might change.

Could you also please give me a hint how to connect the tabs with the modules? I connected one, it worked, but it doesnt work for the other ones.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you:)

ghia
  • 2010/9/8 3:40

• ghia

You have simply to replace the # with the required URL.
<!-- star menu -->
<
div id="menu">
    <
ul>

<
li class="current_page_item"><a href="http://themes.xoops.org/">Home</a></li>
        <
li><a href="#">Blog</a></li>
        <
li><a href="#">Photos</a></li>
        <
li><a href="#">Forum</a></li>
        <
li><a href="#">Contact</a></li>
    </
ul>

</
div>
<!-- 
end menu -->
If you made an article about your products in News and then you display it in your navigator, copy simply the URL from the Address field eghttps://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5604
You can also refer to a category of articles eg category products, which have several articles about products.
Eghttps://xoops.org/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=9 groups here all articles about new XOOPS sites (YAXS).

MrTechie is a very simple theme with a simple menu (one line). For more advanced menu techniques, you can use a module or replace the menu bar with one of the more recent themes.

sinem
  • 2010/9/8 23:12

• sinem

• Just popping in

Hi,
Actually first I used the theme vlogistix, but then i changed it to mrtechie. I copied some things from the other theme. I tried to link the tabs as you said and it worked, thank you. but my other question is that. right now im using a custom block for home site. for company= I dont know what to use? this is the biggest questionmark in my head do I need another module for it? Right now i want to create just one page for it. like the home page. i just want to write some simple things about the company. in the future i might add some drop down menus.(ex: jobs, etc.) for products: as you said I downloaded oledrion, but i think it is not just to demonstrate an article, it is working exactly like a shop. Therefore i might need sth i mean a module for it. which module then? For news section i am using the module news. or do you think i should use this module for products?? and lastly contact, and for it i downloaded liaise. I think it is quite ok. For each tab do i need another module? if i simply just want to write one page like homepage, how does it work, or does it work at all? i had also downloaded dh-info module but when i link it to a tab, it isnt working. it says file not found, but the file is there under the module file and called info. why is it not working? for the products tab: i ll have 4 drop down menus with different colours. does it work with news module or another module. I am sorry, i am just so confused and trying to figure out... Can i use one module for different tabs? Should i clone a module?

ghia
  • 2010/9/9 7:17

• ghia

Most people use their News module for two purposes:

One category are the regular news articles for publishing on the front page like announcements, etc.

The other category are info articles, that are linked from menu's etc with articles as: about us, our mission, our location, our products, our services, ...

Of course other categories are also possible. From your menu you can link to individual articles, but also to categories. Just use the links from your browsers' URL field in the menu.

For the homepage you can assign a module as starting page (admin system general preferences) or you can fill it up with a combination of blocks from the other modules as eg latest posts, recent news and some custom blocks.

PS try some paragraphing in your posts to increase readability.

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits