EviLIcY
Themes won't work
  • 2010/9/4 8:26

• EviLIcY

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/7 9

I'm running xoops 2.45 fresh install. No mods. Everytime I download a theme (from here) none of them will work. Pretty much just get a white page and non-styled links. ??? I tried several different ones none will work.

Only ones I can get to work is the default and the other that came with the install.

ghia
Re: Themes won't work
  • 2010/9/4 9:47

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You must unpack the theme archive on your PC and then upload it to your server.
There it must be proper aligned, so you have /themes/mynewtheme/theme.html
After that enable it and/or select it in the preferences.
Which theme are you trying to install?

Peekay
  • 2010/9/4 10:46

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Make sure the unpacked zip file doesn't contain several nested folders. Only the single folder with 'theme.html' in it should go into the Xoops 'themes' folder.

In Xoops administration, choose 'system/preferences/general settings' and you should see the theme name appear in the 'selectable themes' field. You need to control-click on the theme(s) to highlight them, then set a default theme, or activate the 'themes' block to allow users to choose a theme.

Standard troubleshooting procedures are to delete the contents of the 'smarty_cache', 'smarty_compile' and 'xoops_cache' folders in xoops_data/caches (the files will be automatically rebuilt). Then open 'system/modules' and 'update' the system module by pressing the small 'box' icon with a green light.

The only time you might get a non-styled page is if you access your Xoops site from another PC on a local network. The theme won't work if any of the paths in mainfile.php are set to 'localhost' rather than the server PC's actual DHCP address (e.g. 192.168.*.*).

HTH

A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

EviLIcY
  • 2010/9/4 12:02

• EviLIcY

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/7 9

Thanks for the replies,

I did have the zip file extracted and uploaded to the proper directory with out any nested folders. I select the theme in preferences. Than go to the home page and the themes don't seem to want to work.

I been trying to install rayan-black and astro2. I tried at least three four other themes and run into the same problem.

My cache folder appears to be empty. Right now I have it set to rayan-black here is my site so you can see what I mean :|

http://wyrd.rules-all.com/

-Edit-

I think the permissions might be messed up xD I'll get back and let you guys now.

Feel stupid hehe... yeah that was it. I changed them earlier and tried but must of been server lag and didn't actually change. Anyways working now thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits