stvsweet
Error msg
  • 2010/8/30 3:48

• stvsweet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/30

Okay the whole xoops system was installed in the rootdir, is there an easy way to fix this or should I just re-install it in a xoops dir in the tree?

WARNING: Folder /home/thdradmi/public_html/xoops_lib is inside DocumentRoot!
For security considerations it is highly suggested to move it out of DocumentRoot.

WARNING: Folder /home/thdradmi/public_html/xoops_data is inside DocumentRoot!
For security considerations it is highly suggested to move it out of DocumentRoot.

jaylach
Re: Error msg
  • 2010/8/30 4:40

• jaylach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/24

While you may have installed in the root of your public folder you probably did not actually install to the root of your hosting area. Most decent hosting has areas you can access outside of your public folder. All public folder means is what can be accessed via a browser on the internet.

From the path, Folder /home/thdradmi/public_html/xoops_data, we can see that the above is your case. You would want to move the Xoops data to the 'thdradmi' folder. This is good security as these files are then in an area that can not be reached by an outside browser. You will need an FTP client to do this. I suggest Filezilla.

Someone else is going to have to tell you what configuration files you are going to have to edit to reflect the move.

To be honest, unless you have done a lot already, I think it would be easier to just do a new install.

ghia
  • 2010/8/30 5:01

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

No, if you have a Filemanager or something the move is easier.
An upload of these two directories to the required place (/thdradmi/ or one of its subdirectories, but not public_html or its alias as eg www) would also do.
Then simply alter the path definitions in mainfile.php
(Erase then the ones left in the root)

stvsweet
  • 2010/8/30 6:36

• stvsweet

• Just popping in

Okay did all of that, now I am getting this lil error:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/thdradmi/public_html/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile' does not exist, or is not a directory.

stvsweet
  • 2010/8/30 6:47

• stvsweet

• Just popping in

Decided to re-install 2.4.5. in the root, with a manual config as opposed to Fantastico automated install of 2.4.4.

Maybe this will work better.. thanks for now, I may be back soon :)

ghia
  • 2010/8/30 7:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Some hosters have no provisions for outside the root directories with PHP files or have dedicated directories for it.
In case of move or upload, don't forget to set the directories permissions as outlined in the release notes.

If there is no possibility for outside root directories, rename the directories as extra security and live with the warning.

stvsweet
  • 2010/8/30 7:44

• stvsweet

• Just popping in

yup, seems to be the case, will have to live with the warning. Renamed the folders but the warning still pops up with the changed names.. New version and all..

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it..

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits