TYL3R
Custom Block Position - Help
  • 2010/8/5 21:52

• TYL3R

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/5 2

Hi, I am rather new to xoops and I've been trying to port my racing league module along with trying to create custom block positions. I have got most of the concept of how the system works but I am having only one trouble. In root/class/theme_blocks.php it builds the block zones and I have no clue where to set the constant used in setting the zones.

$oldzones = array(             XOOPS_SIDEBLOCK_LEFT => 'canvas_left' ,

Not quite sure where i should go from here. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

ghia
Re: Custom Block Position - Help
  • 2010/8/5 22:05

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

TYL3R, Welcome to the XOOPS Forum!

The block position is determined by the user. The module simply put together the content of the block.
Of course, due to the width of displayed data, some blocks are not suitable to show in the left or right column, but need the half or whole center column (at the top or bottom).
When enabling (setting visible) the block in admin, the user sets the position (8 possibilities) and a weight, which give an order to the other blocks in the same position.

TYL3R
Re: Custom Block Position - Help
  • 2010/8/5 22:18

• TYL3R

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/5 2

Thanks for the response. I'm not quite sure you understand. I am trying to create a WHOLE NEW BLOCK POSITION. I understand how to create a block but I am trying to create a block POSITION. So i am trying to make those 8 possibilities into about 10 possibilities. I have copied some of the core templates but haven't figured out what i mentioned above.

Found my solutions in the include/defines.php

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits