wizzkid
WF-Channel Template issues
  • 2010/6/9 12:41

• wizzkid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/7 1

Hi all,

thanks for your help so far.

I resolved my confusions of creating extra pages by using modules, WF-Channel and Content.

Both very good modules however WF-Channel doesn't seem to work with the template I have installed.

I have gone though all the settings but it doesn't like my current template.

http://cashadvance4u.co.uk/xoops/modules/wfchannel/

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Wizzkid

Dante7237
Re: WF-Channel Template issues
  • 2010/6/9 15:08

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

I'm giving WF-Channel a go for a doctor friend of mine.. And yeah, the thing isn't exactly the most obvious to understand...

I'm also trying to utilize it for my text file listings, and to wrap my links listing..
No-go so far.. hehehe

(I really like your theme, and if it comes to a choice between using that theme, and using WF-Channel, I'd keep the theme)

The "Default page" error has raised it's head for me as well..
It just isn't clearly stated the sequence needed to create new pages, or what limits to content there are...

Your issue is surely related to the size of the template.
One of these theme designers may have a fix for you.

Catzwolf
  • 2010/6/9 17:27

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I'm sorry that you are having issues with the template, in reality, not every module will work out the box with every theme and *will* require some tweaking.

Catzwolf
  • 2010/6/9 17:31

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Dante7237 wrote:
I'm giving WF-Channel a go for a doctor friend of mine.. And yeah, the thing isn't exactly the most obvious to understand...

I'm also trying to utilize it for my text file listings, and to wrap my links listing..
No-go so far.. hehehe

(I really like your theme, and if it comes to a choice between using that theme, and using WF-Channel, I'd keep the theme)

If you find that the working of this simple module are over your head, maybe you could always come to the forums and ask for help and that way you might get the answers you are looking for.

As for the issues that you have with including HTML files, again, you could have submitted a bug report or came to these forums and I would have been only to glad to help find a solution for you, like I have with many countless other people over the years.

Maybe it is to easy just to berate rather, than help with people these days.

wizzkid
  • 2010/6/9 18:16

• wizzkid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/7 1

Hi Catzwolf,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been trying to tweak the template for several hours now and beleive it to be something wrong with the styles.css div center. No joy so far but hopefully I am getting close.

I really like the wf-channel so will persist.

If you have any pointers it would be appreciated

Thanks

Wizzkid

Catzwolf
  • 2010/6/9 20:23

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Can you email me your theme please?

What I will do is change the CSS/Templates to match it and see if we can get it working for you. use my profile email address and send it there.

Thanks,

John

Dante7237
  • 2010/6/9 20:27

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:
Quote:

Dante7237 wrote:

No-go so far.. hehehe

If you find that the working of this simple module are over your head, maybe you could always come to the forums and ask for help and that way you might get the answers you are looking for.

As for the issues that you have with including HTML files, again, you could have submitted a bug report or came to these forums and I would have been only to glad to help find a solution for you, like I have with many countless other people over the years.

Maybe it is to easy just to berate rather, than help with people these days.

Ya know, I really wasn't asking for help, nor was I "berating" anyone or anything.

I was simply sharing my experience, and suggesting that the trouble he was having was with the theme size..

This response is pretty much why I don't ask for help in here.

Catzwolf
  • 2010/6/9 20:56

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:
Ya know, I really wasn't asking for help, nor was I "berating" anyone or anything. I was simply sharing my experience, and suggesting that the trouble he was having was with the theme size.. This response is pretty much why I don't ask for help in here.

Yet you were quick in telling someone to dump a perfectly good module, just because there was an issue with the theme.

If you want help, I will only be to glad to give it and if you don't then that is your prerogative, but don't be too quick to hand out bad advice to people all because you had some issue and couldn't be bothered asking for help.

bjuti
  • 2010/6/10 8:06

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Remove the .wrapper in the module.css. There is width 90% and it need to be fixed to 980px, and that's the theme job. Maybe is the problem in .wrapper class in module's css, coz there is some conflict. Sorry, It's morning here :))

Catzwolf
  • 2010/6/10 14:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Yup that was the issue, I fixed it for him last night :)

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits