biomech
Blank Forum Page After Upgrade to 2.4.4
  • 2010/6/1 3:07

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Hi,

After upgrading from 2.3.3b to 2.4.4, I upgraded the modules in the CP, and then went to go to the main page of my site (which is set to the Forum module), and got a blank page except for my User Rank ("Admin") and my Avatar in the upper left corner. Turning on Debug Mode, I get:

Deprecated
MyTextSanitizer::makeTareaData4Show is deprecated
MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated
Deprecated function 'mod_getUnameFromIds', use XoopsUserUtility directly.

(A grep for "mod_getUnameFromIds" shows that it's in public_html/Frameworks/art/functions.user.php)

When I go into General Settings and set the "Module for start page" to "User Profile", then it works normally - I get my user profile when I go to the root directory in my browser, AND I can then also access the Forums from the left-side menu. But when I switch the "Module for start page" back to "Forum", I get the same problem as above again.

I'd like to have users hit my forums directly after they log in, not their user profile, so I'd like to figure this one out. Anybody got any advice?

Thanks,

- b -

ghia
Re: Blank Forum Page After Upgrade to 2.4.4
  • 2010/6/1 9:33

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I don't think the deprecated messages are of any influence and assume they are also there when the forum is displayed as module page.

So, your site is working without problems as long as the forum is not the start page in the general preferences.
If it is set as start page, is it working when you go to /modules/newbb/?

You do not have a blank page but some partial page with User Rank ("Admin") and my Avatar. Is there a link where we can see this?

Is this also the case with one of the standard themes?
Or when all blocks for the start page are set to invisible?

Did you run the file check (see release notes)?

biomech
  • 2010/6/1 13:53

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Hi ghia,

Thanks for your response.

Quote:
If it is set as start page, is it working when you go to /modules/newbb/?

Yes.

Quote:
Is there a link where we can see this?

Well, I have the site turned off at the moment - only admins can log in. I can open it up temporarily if necessary.

Quote:
Is this also the case with one of the standard themes?

I actually forget which are the standard themes. The problem happens when I use a customized version of the "kubrick" theme that I've been using on the site since last year, but when I change the theme to a new one "natural_3" that I installed last night, the problem does not occur. (Thanks for suggesting this!)
*Edit: I found and tried the default theme, and it works normally.

Quote:
Or when all blocks for the start page are set to invisible?

The problem still occurs when all the blocks for the start page (Forum) are set to invisible.

Quote:
Did you run the file check (see release notes)?

I was going to do this, but I only saw the file checksum.md5 in the upgrade package, not checksum.php. Do I get checksum.php separately somewhere?

Thanks for your help - perhaps the theme I was using is incompatible with 2.4.4?

- b -

mboyden
  • 2010/6/1 14:18

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Are you using the xoRewriteModule? Does it work when you don't have a module as your start page?

FYI, zetagenesis and default are the themes that come with the main installation.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

ghia
  • 2010/6/1 15:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Do I get checksum.php separately somewhere?
It should be together with the md5 file in xoops-2.4.4.zip
Quote:
perhaps the theme I was using is incompatible with 2.4.4?
There might be some conflicting specification inside. Try comparing the theme.html files and the html source of your navigator when displaying the pages.

biomech
  • 2010/6/1 18:12

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for putting me on the right track, guys! Much appreciated.

- b -

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits