Nick_James
Exceeded session time

Okay, this is an issue that seems to have popped up with the newest version of xoops.

Quote:
Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary.

Any idea what is causing this.

I notice that I have even gotten it on this site.

This is an extrenely annoying problem.

I usually have to fix it by logging off the site and logging back on again.

The 'time' is not a valid issue. I have the time interval setting for the site cranked way up - cause I lilke to spend a lot of time writting a post.

This error can occur immediately after logging into the site and starting to edit a post. So it must be some other type of error showing up as a 'time' issue.

It was one of the reasons a fellow XOOPSTER switched away from using this software. Cause it was costing his site too many posts.

wishcraft
Re: Exceeded session time

Have you clear your cookies on your browser since upgrading? in xoops 2.4 the cookies dope or domain is set correctly with a 'multisite' approach so if you goto xoops at www.yoursite.com and the same copy of xoops at for example secure.yoursite.com you will still be logged in.

In previous copies of xoops there was an old tracker bug that cause xoops to have a log in error, i think you all remember it in 2.3 those that where using it and earlier.

this has been fixed by the addition of some code that allows for the base of the domain to be determined where if it was set as this without the period before it, it will not allow you to be logged in anywhere within the subdomain of the same site the moment you are there.

This is in the beginning of common.php but anyway at the moment you probably have a cookie for both installation versions both 2.3 and 2.4:

// Cookie Domain/Dope conversioning differences!

yoursite.com // 2.3 and earlier (Auto Assigned and Buggy not Set)
.yoursite.com // 2.4 and later

clear your cache and tell me how you fare?
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Nick_James

Cache cleared.

I'll let you know if it worked.

Nick_James

Looking good so far.
Nicholas James
President - LaDads
www.ladads.info

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits