luthermartin
Cannot Access Admin on Xoops

Xoops Ver: 2.4.4
Zox
Site: montereybayimages.com

For some reason, I cannot access my Xoop's Admin page, even using the proper user name and password.

My site is up and running, but I cannot get to Xoop's admin or even log myself in as another user.Xoops refused to register another user.

Only one use is listed in the database and the database email field was edited in My PHP Admin to remove you@yourmain.com and set it to admin@montereybayimages.com.

Error codes:
Errors
"Could not instantiate mail function.

Confirmation Mail for webmaster mailed."

Incorrect login!

After trying to get email to send a password, I got the following errors:
Could not instantiate mail function.
Sorry, no corresponding user found.

The other module's and Zox admin work well and I have no problems with them. Only access to Xoop's admin fails.

Is it possible to reset the database and get back to my admin account. The Windows update removed my new back up during restore and left me with an earlier back. So that is not an option.

I checked the database table using My PhP Admin. I could see my user name and the password key, but I do not know how to make this information work for me.

Now, I am trying change or reset my Xoop's Admin pass word by using My Php Admin by running an SQL query, which I know works in Zen Cart, but I do not know if it will work in a Xoop's database. However, at this point it is worth a try! Still going.

Can someone check this query to see if it may work in Xoops? If it would not work, can someone provide me the proper modifications to make it work in Xoops.

See below:
How do I change or reset my Admin Password? (I lost it)
Credit to:http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php?article=2

1. If you can log in to your Zen Cart admin using another account, please do so, and reset/modify

the other admin password as needed via Admin->Tools->Admin Settings
Not working.

2. If you can't remember your admin account or password, there's still hope.
May have forgotten the password, but not sure the password is just not working.

The first thing you can try is to click the "Resend Password" button and enter the admin email
address. Did not work using three different email addresses located on the server.

I would like to try this, but I am not sure about what is in the Query. Do I change the pass field to the terms I found in my Xoops pass field, located in the Xoops user table? This is depicted by'351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', for Zen Cart, in the query below. Can I just change the field for that of the User table pass field in Xoops?

If for some reason that doesn't work for you, you can create a temporary admin account in order to log in.

Open your phpMyAdmin (supplied by your hosting company), click the "SQL" tab and run this query:

DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email,

admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b',

1);If you are using a prefix for your database tables, you'll naturally need to add that prefix to

the table name above.
ie. "... FROM/INTO prefix_admin ...".

You should now be able to login using the following details:

Username: Admin
Password: admin

luthermartin
Re: Cannot Access Admin on Xoops

Solved by re-installation.

Anonymous
Re: Cannot Access Admin on Xoops
  • 2012/8/6 15:11

• Anonymous

• Since:

Is the above Query an good idea when the admin is lost his permissions to the website?

A webmaster logged in to his website and gets no error but nothing is shown. All blocks and content were inactive. An anonymous user can see al content.

Its look like that the webmaster lost his permissions. When heb entered the admin zone nothing is displayed. Its really strange. I am dive into the tables now to looking for something strange.

Btw een old version of xoops. I think 2.0.18 but not shure. Nothing changed recently or updated by the hosting.

Anyone a suggestion?

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits