srg_rector
Can I do This with XOOPS 2.4.4?
  • 2010/4/4 1:26

• srg_rector

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/4 1

I have a bookstore website that has product links to amazon.com.

In the past, I have revised the website using MS Excel and MS Word to enter the link and product data and output HTML using mail merge. I then cut and pasted the code into my webpages.
This was a slow and tedious way of doing things.

I have access to a few different Content Management Systems through my web hosting provider. XOOPS 2.4.4 is one I have looked at, but I cannot figure out if I can do what I need with it...

It needs to take info from a spreadsheet or database and output html code (full web pages that will include the template of a basic page and specific website page info - and various groupings of book data).

===== What I need to be able to do =======
The database will have many different columns of data. Possibly multiple databases... one for book data, one for website data. Some for book info and some for sortable categories to determine which books go in which page or section and some for file name etc.
Each book will have categories such as:
Series book #
Language
Format Type (hardcover, paperback, audio, etc.)
Copyright Year
ISBN/ISSN #
Amazon link URL - text ad
Amazon link URL - graphic ad
Purchase Price
Shipping Discount
Sale Price

I will have pages that list various combinations of data:
English versions of book 1 in order of format
All English versions of the books in order of series # then format
All Series #1 books in order of Language and then format
All Hardcover books in order of Series # then Language
All Hardcover books in order of Language then Series #
============

My goal is to end up with a system that will take a database of info (book, webpage, and html template code) and output the full site .htm files whenever I wish to update the database. Each page will be output with a proper title, metadata as well as the exact folder/filename I specify. If I have to set each page up individually, that's fine; but I want to be able to update the all the data on all the pages without having to redo the setup work.

I have access to the XOOPS 2.4.4https://xoops.org/

Will this program do All of this?
Will this program do Part of what I need?
Thanks for your time!!

mariane
Re: Can I do This with XOOPS 2.4.4?
  • 2010/4/5 7:44

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

srg_rector
if you need to sell these books, ou can use the famous e-commerce XOOPS modules : oledrion or zent cart merged in xoops.

but if you need to display them only I think you have to get the paid module : TDMAds.

TDMAds is more than a module, it's a framwork, by using it you can do the following :
- create unlimited categories and subcategories
- create unlimited extra fields
- set witch extra fields will be available with each category : it means : if you create extra fields to describe books in arabic, you can choose this field to work only with the category called : arabic books,
in another terms you can costumize it as you want.

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits