biomech
SmartFAQ not showing anything for Anonymous Users
  • 2010/3/1 5:26

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Hi All,

I'm running SmartFAQ 1.0.8 on XOOPS 2.4.3.

When I'm logged in and click on the link to the index page of the module, I get the "Welcome to the SmartFAQ" and "Categories summary" etc. as usual, with the list of last published Q&As beneath that as I've set in the module admin settings.

When I access the same thing as an Anonymous (not logged in) user, though, I get:

--
Sorry, there is no Q&A to display.
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here
--

In the module admin screen, in the Permissions tab, I have all of the checkboxes selected for "Select categories that each group can view". All of the categories are all checked for Webmasters, Registered Users, and Anonymous Users.

I turned on Debug Mode, and when I access SmartFAQ while not logged in, I get this SQL error listed at the bottom:

--
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smartfaq_faq WHERE ((categoryid IN (5,6,7,8) AND (faqid IN () OR partialview = '1')) AND (status = '5' OR status = '6'))

Error number: 1064
Error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR partialview = '1')) AND (status = '5' OR status = '6'))' at line 1
--

Am I getting this because there should be a value inside the brackets at "AND (faqid IN ()"? What value should be there?

Any hints on what might be going on here are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-b-

bstr72
Re: SmartFAQ not showing anything for Anonymous Users
  • 2010/12/7 4:18

• bstr72

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/12/4

I have a somewhat similar problem. Anonymous users receive "sorry, you don't have permission to access this area" message. No other modules behave like this. I've enabled access for all and turned on all options. Still access denied.

Can someone please help?

ghia
Re: SmartFAQ not showing anything for Anonymous Users
  • 2010/12/7 7:29

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I think there are some permissions on the item level too to set.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits