EricHendrix
I have an idea for a mod.

I am no programmer and have no idea what may be involved but I was thinking about what I think would be a useful mod:

A Twitter integration where one can create a list of messages to be automatically sent every 5 to 30 minutes apart (preset by the user) to a specified user account for the duration of the list.

A possible setting may be to loop the list as well for a specified amount of time.

Is this something simple? Maybe someone could learn how to program PHP as a starting project?

What do you think?

Eric

vamptrix
Re: I have an idea for a mod.
  • 2010/2/2 9:28

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

Edit: Sorry mate, but seems twitter forbids it, so no modules will be made for it, most likely :)
(from futuretweets.com):
Quote:
We received a friendly e-mail from the folks at Twitter that providing the recurring updates functionality is a violation of Twitter's Terms of Service. Therefore, as of today, all recurrence functionality will be disabled and existing recurring tweets will no longer be posted.

So litterally EVERY tweet should be unique.. that's a big limitation.. But maybe those services can help you ;)

Hmmm... So you mean a Twitter queue? You can put tweets in a waiting-list and send them at a specified time to a specified account?

Not really heard of something like it, and don't think it really needs a XOOPS module to do it. Most likely there is a a service.

A quick google gives me this:
http://futuretweets.com/
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2009/12/schedule-tweets-on-twitter/

Maybe that's what you're looking for?
If it is, maybe someone can make a module for it :)

EricHendrix

Quote:

vamptrix wrote:
Edit: Sorry mate, but seems twitter forbids it, so no modules will be made for it, most likely :)
(from futuretweets.com):
Quote:
We received a friendly e-mail from the folks at Twitter that providing the recurring updates functionality is a violation of Twitter's Terms of Service. Therefore, as of today, all recurrence functionality will be disabled and existing recurring tweets will no longer be posted.

So litterally EVERY tweet should be unique.. that's a big limitation.. But maybe those services can help you ;)

Eric replies: Would not each tweet in the list be UNIQUE?
By forcing the time constraints would not this cause the max number of tweets per day be limited?

Hmmm... So you mean a Twitter queue? You can put tweets in a waiting-list and send them at a specified time to a specified account?

Not really heard of something like it, and don't think it really needs a XOOPS module to do it. Most likely there is a a service.

Eric replies: I was thinking of offering this as a service to my users.

A quick google gives me this:
http://futuretweets.com/
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2009/12/schedule-tweets-on-twitter/

Eric replies for the most part sites as these only offer the service where you must place a single tweet for a specific time to be sent. Very time consuming.
Where as if you have a list of tweets with a specific time break, even a random break I think this is an easier service to offer.

Maybe that's what you're looking for?
If it is, maybe someone can make a module for it :)

I will Look at these sites.

Thank you for your input.
Eric

EricHendrix

Yes I see the quote you have and that is for "recurring updates" this is repeating the same tweet over and over on a regular basis either weekly or monthly. If you require a new list each time this may resolve this issue.

Eric

vamptrix
  • 2010/2/10 10:09

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

Well :) Hope I helped you a bit :)

Including it should be easy with a block, I think..

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits