SMEDrieben
Multiple problems 2.3.3b to 2.4.4
  • 2010/1/25 20:02

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/6/17

I didn't have important problems with previous XOOPS upgrades (I started on 2.0.8) in the past. I tried 2.4.0 and experienced a few bugs; with 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 it is terrible !!

I started with 2.3.3b on UTF-8. I have similar problems with the full installer of 2.4.3 and the upgrade package of 2.4.4:

- on the top of all pages debugging info is displayed; I changed "debugLevel" => 2 in xoops_data\configs\xoopsconfig.php, I disable debuginfo in the general preferences, but it remains displayed, even to anonymous users.
- This debug info is continuously displayed:
WarningCache Engine file is not initialized in C:xampplitehtdocspublic_htmlclasscachexoopscache.php on line 182
Warning
Cache Engine file is not initialized in C:xampplitehtdocspublic_htmlclasscachexoopscache.php on line 140

- I use the oxygen admin theme in 2.3.3b. If I do so in 2.4.4, after pointing to 1 item in the menu, the menu starts moving automatically !! All menus fold out and in automatically in some unorganized way.
- Selecting Extcal 2.22 in the main menu results in a blank page with the 2 debug lines mentioned above.
- After selecting "personal session" in the General preferences, I cannot login anymore.

Has anybody any idea what is wrong ?

SME Drieben

Mamba
Re: Multiple problems 2.3.3b to 2.4.4
  • 2010/1/25 20:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

I know, it won't be any consolation to you, but we do run 2.4.4 on the XOOPS Site, and don't have any problems (the only issue was to adjust our theme, as 2.4.4 exposed couple of issues is our CSS files).

Unfortunately, I cannot help you on your local PC, but if you upload it to a Web server, I'll be glad to look into it.

1) I don't know why your Cache file has not be initialized. Maybe the folder has wrong permissions?

2) Reg. debug info change the /include/common.php around line 237:

if ($xoopsLogger->activated) {

$level = isset($xoopsConfig['debugLevel']) ? intval($xoopsConfig['debugLevel']) : 0;
        if ((
$level == && empty($xoopsUserIsAdmin)) || ($level == && empty($xoopsUserIsAdmin))) {

error_reporting(0);

$xoopsLogger->activated false;
    }

This will show the debug messages only to the Admin.

3) I am not aware of any problems with Oxygen.

What PHP version are you using?

Can you check on WAMP Server locally, or on a Web host, if you are getting the same issues?

SMEDrieben
  • 2010/1/26 20:59

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I don't have a webserver for test purposes (only for production): so, I cannot show you anything (my production site on 2.3.3b is moreless OK, just a few character issues):

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=70441&forum=72&post_id=323324#forumpost323324

Ad 1) I forced the xoops_data and xoops_lib folders to be writable; I think they are, since cache files appear in the smarty_cache folder.

Ad 2) I will do tests with the debugger off. I have experienced problems with the debugger (starting form XOOPS 2.0.13 or 2.0.14 till 2.3.3b) on my test system. My test system is XAMPP-lite 1.67. If the php-debug mode is switched on, the xajax-scripts (as frequently used by kaotic) and the RSS-feeds of several Xoops-modules don't work !!

What is the most reliable test-environment for XOOPS ? XAMPP ? WAMP ? What version ?

Ad 3) I think that the Oxygen problems are a consequence of other problems, e.g. the problems of 2).

Ik think, I will build a new test environment (a copy of my 2.3.3b production site) and tyr the upgrade to 2.4.4 again.

SME Drieben

Mamba
  • 2010/1/26 21:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Personally I use WAMP Server for testing, as it is faster for me to switch between PHP and mySQL versions.

And for me personally the WAMP installation is much faster and easier to set than the XAMP installation, but that's me - other people might feel differently

ghia
  • 2010/1/27 1:25

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

XAMPP is easy to install:
Unpack the zip to eg d:\xampp .
Execute setup_xampp.bat
Then use xampp_start.exe and xampp_stop.exe when needed.

Other people have reported problems with the extcal module and the Oxygen admin theme. (tought that this was resolved in 2.4.4)

Other people has reported unwanted debug too. One case might be, that not all required files got uploaded. Did you do already a file check (see release notes)?

SMEDrieben
  • 2010/10/26 20:15

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

It is about nine months later. I have tried to convert my 2.3.3b site to Xoops 2.4.5. I experienced the same problem as above: Cache engine not initiated, oxygen menus moving automatically etc.

And I've solved these issues ! It is a very stupid difference between 2.3 and 2.4.

In the mainfile.php the XOOPS_VAR_PATH is defined. I'm testing on a MS Windows based system. In 2.3 backslashes are accepted in the XOOPS_VAR_PATH; in 2.4 they aren't. The upgrade script of 2.4 doesn't check the mainfile.php for backslashes.

After replacing the backslashes by forward slashes, the warnings disappeared and the oxygen admin menu works correctly.

SME Drieben

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits