redheadedrod
Easy question (I hope...)

While trying to install 2.4.2 on my site I have been having an issue... Trying to install on my production server but this is a test site on it.. (To make sure things work the same as they do on my at home computer.)

The issue I am having is that when I enter the correct credentials for the database it goes right back to the same screen with the default entries. If I mess up on any of the credentials it tells me it can not connect. (Screen 5 of 14)

Anyhow... From the installation pages...

Checking your server configuration
Requirements
Server API cgi-fcgi
Apache
PHP version 5.2.3
MySQL extension 5.0.45
Session extension Success
PCRE extension Success
file_uploads ON

Character encoding extension MBString
Character set conversion extension Iconv
XML parsing extension XML
Zlib Compression extension Zlib
Image functions extension GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Image meta data (exif) extension Exif

I am assuming this is a common error and I am not the only one ever had it. Also assuming I just have something wrong and its a simple fix.. Will be looking through the error logs to see if I can figure out what is going on by myself but hoping someone knows off the top of their head. I haven't messed with installing XOOPS in a couple years and I am in the process of installing new websites from scratch and thought 2.4.2 would be a good start.

dbman
Re: Easy question (I hope...)
  • 2009/12/21 3:40

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

If you are sure your database credentials are correct check the file permissions for the mainfile.php and include/license.php (777 for both).

ghia
  • 2009/12/21 9:43

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Is on that server and domain already a XOOPS running?

It is possible that at that point the sessions go wrong. Are there no additional measures required for having PHP sessions with your hoster (which hoster)?

Check the permissions of mainfile or set them to 777.

Do also the file check (see release notes) to verify the uploaded file set is complete.

redheadedrod

Yes I have XOOPS running on it. I have 4 different hosts on this server and 2 of them are 2.0.18 version of xoops.

I will post the specific line from the error log when I get home but it mentioned a PHP warning about it was unable to do something with sessions and the /tmp directory. Guessing it is a permissions issue at this point but will try messing with it more when I get home tonight.

Rodney

ghia
  • 2009/12/22 16:33

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Probably you must create a specific directory or file for enabling PHP sessions. Check your hosters documentation.

redheadedrod

May not have time to deal with this for a couple days but I may just install the 2.2.3b version they have as an easy install and upgrade that to 2.4.2 and see how it goes..

redheadedrod

Well I tried the auto system install on one of my test sites and it worked... But they put it in another directory which I didn't care for..

Ie, instead of XOOPS being copied to "testsite.org/" it gets copied to "testsite.org/xoops/" and thus is run from "http://testsite.org/xoops/index.php" etc...

So...

Well on a hunch I copied 2.4.3 onto the server and installed it the SAME way I tried with 2.4.2 and had failed...

Don't know what happened but 2.4.3 loaded up just fine and currently online with NO glitches in the installation...

The ONLY difference was that I moved the xoops_data and xoops_lib directories out of root the first time and left them in place this time...

I have a couple 2.0.18 sites running with "trusted" paths outside of document root so I know it all works so I am writing it off to something simple that the system didn't like with 2.4.2...

So later today I will start migrating my sites to 2.4.3 and going from there... It was a session bug of some sort but now I don't need to worry about it.

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions and such.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits