andee
xoops contact module
  • 2009/12/7 11:16

• andee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/8 8

hi there,

im using XOOPS contact module v.1.6 (Author Modified by CreepingDeath - XOOPS@IBDeeming!) with XOOPS 2.4.0

the problem it seems that the email form field can only be filled with email name from my domain. ex: user@mydomain.com, only that way the email can be sent (even though that user name doesnt exist. as long it had @mydomain.com).

if i try other email such as me@yahoo.com ill get this mssg:
sendmailCan't send mail: Sender domain (yahoo.com) does not belong to user, please use your own domain X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny4 Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Content-Encoding: gzip Vary: Accept-Encoding Content-type: text/html ‹ŒSÁRÛ0½÷+¶âÀ¥¶ÈÀ¡“Øž)¦t€dÀ ô¨Øk[ [®´!Éßwå¤L˜¡ òamïÛ§§}«äëÙlšÿžŸCC ùýéÕåD$åÃñTʳü æ×W0Š wªóš´í”‘òüF€hˆú±”«Õ*^ÇÖÕ2¿•ëÀ5 Å»×ˆö*ã’J‘}IB&T%‡IA`‹ðÏR¿¤bj;ÂŽ¢|Ó£€bû• Â5ÉP:¢QÎ#¥÷ùEô]€|å+‡¾Ù#M`éLºSÞ/YÛ“Ú([U¾±ã¶Rw%®ã¾é÷h;Õb*jìÐ)²nòq6›ßm‘FwÏàФ"Q±$ÐŒ@|ŒTèVÕ(ù€Æa•ŠUTê%Ç>°“&ƒÙ<€á£a¶ƒÃ•îÐ'r x#ƒ6†€Hÿ4 ,¼Ðb©U*”1Ÿ’C ¶èeÿdåÀ$A—Ü™¸°å†C©_`@l7‹”Ñu7.¸Wè&°PÅsíì²+£ÂëÆpp~NYW¢‹ÈöcõkðÖè.†õš6XÑGy§ëæ-àÇ°^ KdÛw{ 00À˜ñ¦œð¬$ÍIvÞ³}@þkÜñ)“…ã¶äb6vɤnUîj.vônq ð€°ÒÆ@44*l(”g¥¶ ±·Þë…AîúÉ Ï.+`s êJË*:K –|HEº`7a¬*¿AoPy„Âh&OÔÖ÷ÃÏ]†Ã¬AÇûª,‘}°agûp-³¿ÿÿç]©gR

you can check my contact page at here

how can i solve this?

tq

Burning
Re: xoops contact module
  • 2009/12/7 12:21

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

I believe you should install a more recent module

xforms (= liaise updated by Dylian)
• contact (= standard module updated by phppp, see repository)
contact with gmap (= by Leo, if you need a google map)
Contact center by nobu (= by nobu, if you need complicated forms)

ghia
  • 2009/12/7 13:20

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I don't think another module would resolve that.

Can you send mail messages to other users (eg by the mail users function in admin or due to notifications), when they have a yahoo address?
Check that the originating address (from:) has a domain of the server in the message. Otherwise if the from address, which is mosttimes the webmasters address, has a yahoo or other generic mail domain, mails can be refused by the other receiving servers, because they know your server is aliasing a domain (pretending to be Yahoo).

andee
  • 2009/12/7 16:59

• andee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/8 8

@burning: thanks for the suggestions man

ghia, im afraid youre right. i use xform as burning suggested. but still i got this weird message

sendmailCan't send mail: Sender domain (yahoo.com) does not belong to user, please use your own domain X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny4 Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8 Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT Cache-Control: private, no-cache Pragma: no-cache Content-Encoding: gzip Vary: Accept-Encoding ‹ìZ{sÚHÿ;þ¥Ê†ØHü±…m“õ«l¼Ù½*5HŒ-4Z=xÜ^>Ð}ûd×3#Û!Á®«º:'

i deleted this line in the class/contactclass.php (in line 31)
define("_CT_ERROR_BADEMAIL");

now i can sent the email even though i only type one character in the 'from email' form but still it cannot be sent if i type generic emails such as yahoo or gmail.

i use @yahoo.com in one of the email (department) recipient. and it can be sent as long the email from field have above conditions.

heres the sample of the received email if i just type a character in the 'from email' form :
andi3 submitted the following Information
Email a 
Address sf 
Company f 
Phone Number f 
Comments  sfdsfd

and heres the sample of the received email if i type an email with (fictitious name)@mydomain in the 'from email' form :
ebeh submitted the following Information:
Email ebeh@putrajayaoffshore.com
Address asf
Company sdfas
Phone Number sf
Comments sadfsdf

is it something to do with my hosting server configuration? coz i find this line at the s panel preference configuration:

Require From domain to client's domain(s)    (checkbox checked)
Additional allowable From domains (separate with comma) (textbox unfilled)

ghia
  • 2009/12/7 17:25

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I'm not familiar with that admin panel settings, but it might work when unchecked.
Refer to your panels' documentation for that.

There is also some confusion on what the from is here.
When I refer to 'from' then this is the from mail address, that you see in your mail client when you get a message from your site. This from address should be with the name of your domain.

The mail address 'from' the submitter of the contact form, comes in the 'to' (destination) mail address (if the option is set to send the filled in form to the submitting user).
It can be refused by generic mail servers if the senders address (in the from) field is also the domain of this generic mail server eg yahoo.

But here it seems your website admin settings prohibit sending mail to other domains.

Leave the option (_CT_ERROR_BADEMAIL) on so that email address inputs stay verified.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits