Faustinah
Turn Site Off-Logo on Home Page and Header Bar Edit
  • 2009/11/9 17:45

• Faustinah

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/5/8 5

While my site is turned off the logo on the home page appears much smaller than its original size (or the size as it appears while the site is on.) How can I edit this? I cannot find the place where this can be edited. I would also like to edit the header bar that's on the turned off home page. Thanks a bunch.

demented
Re: Turn Site Off-Logo on Home Page and Header Bar Edit
  • 2009/11/10 7:30

• demented

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/24

http://www.yoursite.???/modules/system/templates/system_siteclosed.html

mboyden
Re: Turn Site Off-Logo on Home Page and Header Bar Edit
  • 2009/11/10 15:43

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Templates Management

Yes, you need to edit the system_siteclosed.html template. However, that depends.... When you installed XOOPS, that created a default template set in the database based on the files. If you edit the file, then you will also have to update the system module.

Better is to use the AltSys (from GIJOE) module where you have much better control over your templates and can more easily edit templates while developing. It's a MUST-have module IMHO.

My recommendation is to leave the file versions alone and clone them into another one (besides default) and then select that template set as the default in your installation and then edit those. Then when you update modules, you can see what changed (diff between default and the file) as well as keep the version you currently have and edit any changes into it.

Finally, it's possible to over-ride the templates in the theme. So, if the theme you are using has a modules directory in it (XROOT/themes/modules/modName/template_name.html, then if the modName/template_name.html matches the module directory and template name, then it will override anything in the system database. So that would be the place to edit it (or delete it to go back to what is in the database).

Clear as mud?

search tags: templates, management, edit, modify, administer, administrate, altsys, instructions

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits