soulz9
'allow_url_fopen' : on Not secure Problem
  • 2009/11/6 1:49

• soulz9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/11/6

I have installed the php.ini file in my RootDirectory where XOOPS 2.4 is installed but Protector still shows me "
'allow_url_fopen' : on Not secure"

I have contacted the administrator, and he said it should work, and he went and placed the php.ini himself, but it still doesn't show an "ok" sign, but everything else shows "ok"

How to fix this issue, I'm using Just Host server.

ghia
Re: 'allow_url_fopen' : on Not secure Problem
  • 2009/11/6 10:00

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
and he went and placed the php.ini himself,
If you mean here, that a copy of an adapted ini file was placed in the root, that won't work, because for that kind of fix, such an ini file need to be in every directory, where there are PHP files executed or 'aliased' to them by an URL rewriting technique in an .htaccess file.

But this warning is one of the lesser problems. Many sites are unable to switch it correctly off and are used day in, day out, without problems. (Driving a car with the side window open, is also less secure than with the window closed.) You must stand the view of the warning.

mboyden
Re: 'allow_url_fopen' : on Not secure Problem
  • 2009/11/6 17:21

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

You can use XOOPS Info to see your php info (or a simple file with phpinfo(); as the only command. Then you can see the settings of your server as well as the local settings for your account. Depending upon their configuration you can either include the flags directly in your .htaccess file of your account web root, or you have to specify a local php.ini file in your .htaccess and then put the changed configs there. One or the other should work, unless they've turned that off. If that's the case, you need a better ISP.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits