kaotik
New theme for my site
  • 2009/10/14 14:33

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I've designed a new theme for my site. It's still a work in progress...
These were my guidelines:
-KISS (keep it simple stupid). Simplicity was my main goal. I wanted a clean site that's easy to navigate.
-Non standard. This theme uses blocks in a non conventional way.
-Div css placement. I use css placement for all blocks instead of standard tables.
-CSS 2.1 This theme uses some advanced css features such as @font-face. This means it will render correctly in firefox, safari, opera, chrome but NOT IE 6. It WILL however degrade nicely to a standard font in IE. I'm going to release a new theme that really pushes the envelope regarding CSS.

NOTE: I've always been a keen reader of graphic design magazines. Until CSS 2.1 web designers have really been restricted by html as to what they can achieve and still maintain web functionality. A good example is XOOPS main menu. You can generate it dynamically but ONLY use standard web fonts (wait for my new theme ;) ) or you could design a slick menu then slice it up in fireworks and lose it's dynamic ability.
Now with 2.1 things like font transparency, rounded corners (directly in css) or shadows can all be achieved and still have menus and items dynamically generated. Of course we lose support on IE 6 but this is only an issue depending on your target audience. In my case IE 6 users is a very small percentage.
Let me know your initial impressions of my theme.

Mamba
Re: New theme for my site
  • 2009/10/14 14:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Fantastic!!!

Visually, I would make the blocks transparent, but leave the brush strokes as background.

This would make a more dramatic and artistic effect.

I am looking forward to the final result

And a tutorial about how to build a similar Website

sailjapan
Re: New theme for my site

+1 for the 'how to'

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits