grendelum
Google Analytics
  • 2009/10/4 15:39

• grendelum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/26

There is a lot of old information here about how Google Analytics works. One of the major problems is that they have moved from the urchin.js to the new ga.js (urchin still works, but ga offers far more in the way of info and tools).

To have Google Analytics track your XOOPS 2.3.x+ site, this link from google Dynamic Content Site Tracking tells you what you need to do but can be misleading.

With XOOPS you do NOT have to create a separate file that points to every module (other CMS require it)... all that is needed is to put the <script>...</script> they generate for you at the bottom of your theme.html (for the theme or themes you are using) above the </body> tag.

Then goto the XOOPS Site Preferences > General Preferences and turn ON "Check templates for modifications?", apply, go around your site a bit, go back to the prefs and turn "Check templates for modifications?" OFF.

Back at Google Analytics refresh your Dashboard and you will be pulling the full gambit of info and tools the new ga.js offers.

If someone wants to format that a touch nicer and put it in the FAQ, I think it would benefit a lot of people.

deka87
Re: Google Analytics
  • 2009/10/4 16:07

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Quote:
Then goto the XOOPS Site Preferences > General Preferences and turn ON "Check templates for modifications?", apply, go around your site a bit, go back to the prefs and turn "Check templates for modifications?" OFF.

why do one need to do that? i only put the code in my theme.html and cleared the cache and it works alright.

bjuti
Re: Google Analytics
  • 2009/10/4 17:59

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

It's the same or at least similar, so there is no need for confusion. :)

Turn on/off template modifications or clear cache.

Login

Who's Online

110 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 110

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits