Pakaj
Captcha
  • 2009/9/16 15:40

• Pakaj

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/5 6

on my registration form captcha is not shown, when the site is my local language(slovenian). But when I change it to english is working fine.

As I read in this post by jalone, he had same problem, because the translation files were "broken". Since for slovenian there are no official translated files, I use my files, which are only 95% translated, but are working fine.

I cheked all files in root\language\slovensko with notepad++ to see if there is someting wrong, but could not find any mistake. If there would be one, I would have a blank page.

What else I could check ?
If some declaration of language definition are missing, could this be a problem?

The text from captcha.php is shown correctly, instead of image there is an link to root/class/captcha/image/scripts/image.php

any idea?

I'm using xoop 2.3.3 and php 5.2

ghia
Re: Captcha
  • 2009/9/16 17:31

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Verify /Frameworks/captcha/language/slovensko.php

Check also /modules/system/language/ and /modules/profile/language/ and verify directory name, files and content.

Pakaj
  • 2009/9/17 7:19

• Pakaj

• Friend of XOOPS

No luck yet. ;)
Quote:
Verify /Frameworks/captcha/language/slovensko.php

I copied and used enlish file just for check.

Quote:
Check also /modules/system/language/ and /modules/profile/language/ and verify directory name, files and content.

Copied original english files one by one to see, which one is the "bad" one. No luck. Still the same thing.

Pakaj
  • 2009/9/17 13:08

• Pakaj

• Friend of XOOPS

As I found out, there have to be a problem in User Profile module. I deactivate the module and registration form is ok (but without captcha).

Since I used same english files for english(just copied them for testing) and local version(in User Profile module), there have to be same problem in the code - probally in /register.php

Does anyone use User Profile module in local language (other then English)?
Do you have same problem as mentioned above?

Please report!

best regards

elpapais
  • 2009/9/19 19:58

• elpapais

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/18

i have the same probleme whit italian language.
Don't display the image to read the keycode.
english and italian 2.3.3 translation

elpapais
  • 2009/9/19 20:16

• elpapais

• Just popping in

fresh installation only insert italian language no additional modules and don'a appare a captcha image.

elpapais
  • 2009/9/19 23:20

• elpapais

• Just popping in

i have resolved
was a not correct version of translation file.

ghia
  • 2009/9/20 7:38

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

@pakay: If you have these files then you have also not a standard Frameworks (as shipped with 2.3.3).
Run the files check (see release notes 2.3.3).
In 2.3.3, there is only one file language file: /languages/english/captcha.php

Pakaj
  • 2009/9/21 9:31

• Pakaj

• Friend of XOOPS

I added captcha in Framework to see if that could solve the problem, but was not the case. capcha.php (local lang file) was OK (because it showes all necessary text around capcha "picture". As I sad before, when in English mode capcha is shown, otherwise not.

on my local Wamp server I tried new 2.4 version with same local language files and it was same outcome(no capcha picture - with user profile module installed).

I was playing with Firebug(FF addon) and have discovered that output code in both (English and Slovenian) was same, only output text was different (EN,SI). In EN mode the picture is for captcha is created, but in SI mode the picture for captcha is not created, because is was size 0x0 (width x height).

Pakaj
  • 2009/9/21 9:56

• Pakaj

• Friend of XOOPS

For better impression how it looks like, here is the picture.

Resized Image

* _ Required is still in ENGLISH?? I couldn't find it in User profile module or in captha.php

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits