roktec
CBB
  • 2009/8/30 22:21

• roktec

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/1 3

I am using XOOPS 2.3.3...

After installing CBB 3.08 when I click the Forum links from the left user menu I see a blank blue box. I have not found any articles on this exact issue. I can click the forum links from within the admin menu, go to the forum and add a topic however when back at the main screen and navigating from the usermenu to the forums it takes me to this blue screen and I cannot see the tree of forums I created. I can see that there is 1 article created but again I cannot access it. In the recent topics block it does show the new post and I can read it from that link...

Has anyone seen this before? Is this due to the version of PHP/MYSQL? I am guessing no becasue I can access the post from the recent topics block.

I am on

System Overview «
XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.3
PHP Version - 5.2.10
MySQL Version - 4.1.5-gamma
Server API Version - apache2handler
OS Version - FreeBSD

safe_mode - Off
register_globals - Off
magic_quotes_gpc - On
allow_url_fopen - On
fsockopen - On
allow_call_time_pass_reference - On
post_max_size - 8M
max_input_time - 60
output_buffering -
max_execution_time - 30
memory_limit - 24M
file_uploads - On
upload_max_filesize - 2M

Does anyone have a link to a CBB user manual?

roktec
Re: CBB
  • 2009/8/30 22:23

• roktec

• Just popping in

P.S.

This happens in Firefox and IE

Mamba
  • 2009/8/30 23:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It could have been something wrong with the cache. I've removed your old cache, and it's working now.

roktec
  • 2009/8/31 2:18

• roktec

• Just popping in

OK... Seriously... This is the best forum I have ever been part of (and I have been using forums and bulletin boards since the days of green text). Getting an answer to a problem in < an hour is amazing! Mamba, Thanks again!

Could you share the steps you took to do this for us XOOPS Noobs?

Also, When it comes to caching is it recommended to set caching to "ON" for these modules? I see that each module has it's own setting for this but there is also a place in the system preferences.

Cheers.!

Mamba
  • 2009/8/31 5:05

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) I have removed the files via FTP from your /cache directories.

There are couple of modules that you can install and they can do it for you, one of them is XOOPS-Tools.

2) To learn about Cache, please read this

roktec
  • 2009/8/31 5:52

• roktec

• Just popping in

Thanks for those tips...

So after further testing I can add and remove the CBB module apps and see them in any block location as administrator but when I log in as a registered user I don't see the blocks. Any thoughts?

sailjapan

check "admin > system > blocks" for block permissions

roktec
  • 2009/9/1 6:03

• roktec

• Just popping in

the block permissions are all set correctly.

roktec
CBB - Registered Users get white screen
  • 2009/9/3 2:07

• roktec

• Just popping in

Hmmm... This is turning out to be quite the puzzle.

The original issue is gone. Thanks again Mamba.

I got my 2nd issue fixed and working today by selecting default permissions within the tool and then manually setting the permissions for each category (access,View, Reply, Post etc) and it appeared to work fine for admins and registered users.

I then added a new post as admin for new users to read (basic post here 1st and introduce yourself type post), I made it sticky and then proceeded to change the order of the blocks. Now when a registered user goes in and selects the forum link or clicks the link in the "Recent Topics" Block it takes them to a blank page. ARGH! lol Back to the blank white page problem.

I tried the XOOPS tools to reset the cache again just in case that was the problem. No luck.

I will continue poking around but if anyone has any suggestions... I'll probably be here all night lol

roktec
  • 2009/9/3 7:59

• roktec

• Just popping in

I have resorted to installing Newbbex 1.4. I was hoping to use CBB 3.08 as it seems to be a bit more slick.

I think I will uninstall CBB and rein stall. maybe try to update it first.

[EDIT] - - Somehow, the regular user I am logging in as can now access the CBB Forums. However a new account that I just created cannot. Has to be a permissions thing but I am pretty sure I have set the permissions exactly the same on both users. The only think I did do was add my user account to another group and took away CBB access for registered users and gave it to this new group. I did add the 2nd registered user account to this group as well... Perhaps bed time and I will attack it again with fresh eyes tomorrow... Maybe a reboot on my old machine will help

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits