barryc
Notifications in zen-ocean theme
  • 2009/8/8 17:23

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I am using the zen-ocean theme by Kris on my site. I am having a problem with notifictions. If I enable inline-style notifications they do not show. The words Notification Options show, but not the option to open/close the notifictions and the various options and check boxes also don't show. If I do a view source the code is there but is not being rendered. This is theme specific. If I switch to a different theme, the notification options do show. You can see this at www.aka.org . Try switching between the aquarium theme (-zen-ocean) and aka-traditional theme. The notifications are at the bottom of the home page center panel (forums) and I have both styles enabled at present.

Incidentally, I have tried the original unmodified zen-ocean theme with the same result. The default theme, which I think is also a morphogenesis theme, works.

Can anyone familiar with the zen-ocean theme offer some help to fix this?

barryC
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Burning
Re: Notifications in zen-ocean theme
  • 2009/8/8 17:59

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Notifications tpl is overrided, system_notification_select.html. You will find it in /zenocean/modules/system/

There is a little script to open / close notifications :
<script  type="text/javascript">
function 
hideAll()
{
document.getElementById('notifform').style.display 'none';
}
function 
showForm(obj)
{
obj.style.display 'block';
}
</
script>

<
style type="text/css">
#notifform
{
displaynone;
}
</
style>

And a condition to display it :
Quote:

<{if $xoops_notification.show}>

Many causes :
- javascript problem
- template

You should try with original template (eg renaming system_notification_select.html by OLD_system_notification_select.html)

Hope it helps
Still learning CSS and... english

barryc
  • 2009/8/8 19:04

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

It helps in that you have confirmed that the solution lies in that template file, system_notification_select.html. I had considered that because I did a search for the form name and found that file. However, I'm not enough of a programmer to know what the fix is. I still need a little more specific information: where do I insert the smarty template you have suggested? In other words, can you show me the code as it would look modified to show the notifications?

Thanks,

barryC
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

barryc
  • 2009/8/10 20:02

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

Response #2:

I misunderstood your answer the first time around and didn't realize you were suggesting inactivating system_notification_select.html by renaming it. I did so and now the inline notifications are visible. The problem I had with the block style notifications is that they did not provide a way to change one's notification method (pm vs email) on the spot. I wanted that option to be visible.

Thanks for you help.

barryC

Burning
  • 2009/8/10 20:53

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

This code allows choice for inline notification :
<div align="center">
<{
$lang_notificationmethodis}>:&nbsp;<{$user_method}>&nbsp;&nbsp;[<a href="<{$editprofile_url}>"><{$lang_change}></a>]
</
div>

Have you try to add it in block notification template ? If not, you have to find something to replace <{$editprofile_url}> (<a href=<{xoAppUrl /user.php}> should work)

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits