barryc
Certain user groups can't access php file
  • 2009/7/4 1:39

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Hi, I have done a search on XOOPS and can't find a reference to this problem. On my site I have some php scripts that allow certain users to download a file in csv format, the file containing info about members in a certain XOOPS group (one call AKA members. That file is generated by accessing a php script. If I access it as webmaster (admin) or while logged on as a member of AKA members I get the expect window asking whether I want to open or save the file. If I access the script URL as a member of another group (e.g. mailing, containing people who need access to this list) the save dialog does not appear. I simply am taken to the site home page. Turning on debug did not provide any information to help me.

I suspect I'm going to kick myself when I find the answer to this, but can anyone suggest why users in some groups can access and run the script while others cannot?

[Edit] I do this so often I hate it. Right after I post a plea for help I figure out my own problem. I'm just slow.

I suddenly realized that the problem MUST lie in the script, then I realized that I had changed the name of the group while upgrading my site, which changed the group_id. The script restricts who can run it and I had to change the group_id in the script to match the one for the new group I'd created. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I can only hope that seeing this message might help someone else some day.

BarryC

Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Login

Who's Online

299 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 299

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits