esppat
looking for web application development platform
  • 2009/6/11 8:14

• esppat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/6/11

Hi All,

New to xoops, I wonder if I'm at the right place ! I need to create a web site which is more an app than a simple site : many conceptual objects to manage (persons, organisations, facts, etc.) and many relationship between these objects. In others words, the database will have many different tables with relations, the app needs many different forms to read/create/edit/delete/search for data, etc. And the data organisation, obviously, need to be very precise but easy to maintain (to modify also ...).

Is XOOPS comfortable with this ? If not, any other suggestion ? (only MySQL / PHP, thanks !)

Thanks a lot for your advices
Pat

ghia
Re: looking for web application development platform
  • 2009/6/11 9:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I'm not sure what you all mean exactly with your objects and relations. Some examples could clarify this.
XOOPS is a CMS, a content managment system. Its modules allows to manage all sorts of content as news, wiki and forum articles, photo and other media, which can be organised in categories etc. and it has a permission system with users in groups which defines which content is accessible and in which way (read, alter) by that user.
Some modules like Formulize allow to create forms and database tables (with probably some of your desired functionality).
But it is not a web development platform as such as asp.net etc.

esppat
  • 2009/6/11 10:25

• esppat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/6/11

Thanks
Yeah, I think Formulize could help me.
An example of what I need :
- Forms mapped on tables, with 'sub-forms'
- Views like arrays to see lot of information at once (well, this is not mandatory)
- Views to present data in a beautiful way (this is the core of classic CMS, I guess) but those data should come from requests (show me THIS with THAT FILTER)

I'm still not sure to be clear. Well, imagine it as a product/customer/order application ; kind of functionnalities are the same, but the goal is totally different.

I will look at Formulize module.

Thanks again
Pat

jegelstaff

Hello, it sounds like your needs are in line with the Formulize feature set. It is not a development environment per se, but rather a platform for creating applications. Sometimes the "applications" are simply forms. Sometimes they're more than that.

It's kind of like you can use PHP to write a website, or you can use XOOPS. You can use some kind of coding framework to build an application, or you can use Formulize, it's like a CMS for forms and data.

Please post on our support forums at www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize if you want to discuss details of implementing anything. The admin interface is still difficult to navigate, but fixing that is the focus of the 4.0 release currently in development.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

293 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 293

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits