3lr0n
different editor per group
  • 2009/5/29 12:08

• 3lr0n

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/13

Hi,

Im using news 1.63 and was wondering if I can have a different editor per group of users. I mean, for example, the registered users using DHTML and the editors (registered users on a special group with some admin rights) one editor that allows HTML, for example tinymce.

Is this possible?

Best regards
3lr0n
Spanish Overclocking Community xoops based site : www.overclocking.es

frankblack
Re: different editor per group
  • 2009/5/29 13:06

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
Is this possible?

Not sure, but tinyeditor is pretty close to what you want to have. You can define toolsets for every group. With a reduced setting you can mimic the dhtml-editor. But I don't know if news 1.63 is "tinyeditor-ready". Unfortunately dev.xoops.org is offline, so you cannot download all the available plugins and the documentation. Be warned tinyeditor is a bit outdated and uses an "ancient" tinyMCE-engine.

mboyden
  • 2009/5/29 17:06

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

FCKeditor has the ability to do this as well. You would have to write some custom code for it somewhere, to define which functions are available to each group of users, either in the default FCKeditor configurations, or per module depending upon your specific needs. It's on my personal to-do list, but I haven't done it yet. Shouldn't be too hard, though, just requires some time and focus.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

3lr0n
  • 2009/5/30 7:52

• 3lr0n

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/13

I think news call the editor somewhere (i cant find it now), so I think the best and easy way eill be to check the user groups and if is in, for example, editors, load the wysiwyg editor.. other cases the dhtml..

Is this possible?, and, where is the part the editor is loaded?

regards
3lr0n
Spanish Overclocking Community xoops based site : www.overclocking.es

demian
  • 2009/11/5 3:08

• demian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/4/29

Quote:

FCKeditor has the ability to do this as well. You would have to write some custom code for it somewhere, to define which functions are available to each group of users, either in the default FCKeditor configurations, or per module depending upon your specific needs. It's on my personal to-do list, but I haven't done it yet. Shouldn't be too hard, though, just requires some time and focus.

any clue on how to do this..different editor with group

i would like that only admin (me) or user id x can use xx editor

and all other user use the standard editor

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits