servicevu
failed to open stream: No such file or directory
  • 2009/5/28 9:55

• servicevu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/28

Hi,

I have just uploaded a fresh copy of the XOOPS files and folders with my hosting company GODADDY.COM, but whenever I try to access my site (xxxxxxxx) I receive the following error:

Warning: include(mainfile.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/html/index.php on line 25

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxx/html/index.php on line 25 XOOPS root path not defined

I have changed the permissions to 777 for /xoops_data and /xoops_data in addition to the /mainfile.dist.php

I have also tried changing the path for /xoops_data and /xoops_lib in the mainfile.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Aziz

[Edit: Ghia: link removed on request]

ghia
Re: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
  • 2009/5/28 13:53

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Was the install finished or are you trying to install?

servicevu
  • 2009/5/28 14:22

• servicevu

• Just popping in

Hi ghia,

I have just uploaded the files and folders and followed the instructions found inhttp://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xoops/XOOPS2.3.x_InstallationGuide_en.pdf.

The installation process has never started.

As testing, I have created an empty file called mainfile.php and placed it in / and got the following error:

XOOPS root path not defined

Do I need to edit any configuration file before beginning the installation process?

Regards,

Abdulaziz

iHackCode

Q: why did you create an empty mainfile.php file?

and to start the installer. with your browser go to the file install/index.php (to start the install process).

.the mainfile.php file from the package would have redirected your browser but since you modified it. it is not doing as it should. also during the installation that mainfile.php file will be modified by the installation script.

if you are going to using protector (module to defend XOOPS from various and malicious attacks.) you will have to. rename mainfile.dist.php.protector to mainfile.dist.php before starting the installer. OR modify mainfile.php after you have finished the installer.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

ghia
  • 2009/5/28 15:00

• ghia

OK
Do phase 1 upload.
Do the file check (see release notes)
Skip phase 2
Do phase 3
Skip phase 4
Surf to the site and complete the installation as in section B
When the install is complete, move the directories from phase 2 and adapt the filepaths in mainfile.php
Install the protector module and adapt mainfile.php (see last lines in the distribution file from phase 4)

servicevu
  • 2009/5/28 22:06

• servicevu

• Just popping in

Thank you for your input.

Now, I am able to see the 1st installation screen "Language Selection" after I have downloaded another distribution "xoops-2.3.3.zip" from sourceforge. It seems that I was using the wrong distribution that did not have some files and expected them to exist from a previous installation "the one i used was xoops-2.3.2b-to-2.3.3.zip".

Now, I am having a new error when I press next on the 1st page of the wizard.

"Moved Temporarily
The document has moved here.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

When I click the link "here", it takes me back the same 1st page and keeps repeating the same error and action.

Any advise?

Thanking you for your help.

Aziz

servicevu
  • 2009/5/29 9:37

• servicevu

• Just popping in

Hi Again,

I would like to add that when I use Internet Explorer (I was using Firefox and Google Chrome), it responds "The Internet Explorer Could Not Dsiplay this Page". It seems that there is a problem with the path, right?

Regards,

Abdulaziz

ghia
  • 2009/5/29 9:57

• ghia

Did you run the file check?

Xend
  • 2009/5/30 4:38

• Xend

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2001/12/13

Somthing you Should now if you have php5 on your server.

If the folder that contains a PHP file/script is world writable (chmod 777), it will result in an Internal Server Error. The normal folder permissions can be 771 or 751

PHP scripts need a minimum of 700 permissions to execute. Permission 750 or 770 is recommended. The permissions for all non-executable files such as html, text and images needs to be 774 or 754

When i install XOOPS on my server's, i do nothing to the files, when finich i set mainfile.php to 400 and upload to 745.

"Learn from the mistakes of others; you can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

servicevu
  • 2009/5/31 15:20

• servicevu

• Just popping in

Hi,

Okay, I have not changed anything apart from those folders indicated in the installation manual (xoops_data/caches ... etc).

Now, after uploading all the files once again and following the installation step by step, I can only see the 1st installation screen (Language Selection) and pressing next will return error 302 (missing file) and error 500 (internal server error).

Any comments?

Aziz

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits