jsdwight
How do you move xoops_lib and xoops_data
  • 2009/5/23 3:03

• jsdwight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/8 1

I have a site hosted with a provider that doesn't allow access below documentroot, but after doing a quick-install to upgrade to 2.3.3 I'm getting the familiar red warning boxes in administrator. I've searched and see lots of recommendations to move and/or rename these directories, but other than modifying mainfile.php I haven't seen any other suggestions.

Renaming the directories and modifying the paths in mainfile.php renders the site unreachable, so I named them back to what they were before for now.

What procedure is required to rename these directories and have XOOPS recognize the changes?

Thanks.

ghia
Re: How do you move xoops_lib and xoops_data
  • 2009/5/26 15:48

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Renaming the directories and modifying the paths in mainfile.php renders the site unreachable, so I named them back to what they were before for now.

This should not be a problem.
Check that the XOOPS_PATH and XOOPS_VAR_PATH have the correct definition (uppercase - lowercase!)
Check the file permissions are still correct for the directories after the rename.
Check that the Protector includes at the bottom use the correct path.
Don't forget to alter your mainfile.php its permission before and after altering.

GPboarder
  • 2009/5/26 16:33

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

I had some similar experiences reported here.

I didn't end up getting to the bottom of it.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

jsdwight
  • 2009/5/27 18:35

• jsdwight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/8 1

ghia,

I'm not sure what I did wrong the first 2 or 3 times I tried, but it worked fine this time. Thanks.

Dwellar
  • 2009/6/16 1:01

• Dwellar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/6/15

I think this is a fix but Im no php expert...
Open admin.php find lines 60-68 and replace the code with the following..

if (strpos(XOOPS_PATH, XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/xoops_lib') !== false || strpos(XOOPS_PATH, $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/xoops_lib') !== false) {
xoops_error(sprintf(_AD_WARNINGXOOPSLIBINSIDE, XOOPS_PATH));
echo '<br />';
}

if (strpos(XOOPS_VAR_PATH, XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/xoops_data') !== false || strpos(XOOPS_VAR_PATH, $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/xoops_data') !== false) {
xoops_error(sprintf(_AD_WARNINGXOOPSLIBINSIDE, XOOPS_VAR_PATH));
echo '<br />';
}

During installation if you created a directory and renamed your files you dont need to do the following...just the above

save the file back to your server... create a new directory and name it whatever and place your xoops_data and xoops_lib inside your new directory....okay open up mainfile.php and find line 27 should look like this...
define( 'XOOPS_PATH', '/home/content/h/l/t/poopy/html/your new directory name goes here/xoops_lib' );

now find line 29 and do the same thing....save your file back to your server...and change the file permissions to 444...go to your admin page and see if the messages are gone you may have to change the file permissions for your xoops_data directory too.

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits