Brahma
newbb 1.0 to cbb 3.08, howto?
  • 2009/4/29 19:22

• Brahma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/28

I am trying to upgrade XOOPS from XOOPS 1.3 to 2.3.3, and in the process am trying to get the forum module upgraded as well.

So far I have been successful in going from XOOPS 1.3, to 2.013.2

At that point I can upgrade newbb 1.0 to 2.02. To do this I run the database upgrade script that comes with the 2.02 download, and then update from within the administrative section.

After that I seem to be able to upgrade XOOPS 2.0.13.2 to 2.3.3 with the upgrade package that comes with 2.3.3

at that point I swapped out the /newbb directory (2.02) with the cbb 3.08 /newbb directory, crossed my fingers, and updated from within the admin area in xoops. This works somewhat but if I go to the forum index on the site, I see nothing other than the post stats for the site and some options on the right. No catagories or forums. I can search for posts, and from there can find posts, and get to catagory indexes, but see nothing at first. I have opened permissions wide open and still nothing.

I haven't seen anything about upgrade scripts or methods for going from newbb 2.02 to cbb 3.08 or anything about making a jump, or describing (maybe they are the same thing) newbb vs. cbb and the differences in versions.

can someone explain how newbb and cbb are related and how one should go about going from newbb 1.0 that came with the original versions of XOOPS to the latest and greatest stable version? Maybe I am missing something that I need to do for cbb to work properly?

I have spent a good 10 hours or more looking for information on upgrading and have found very little, mostly what I've figured out has been trial and error. Any help would be much appreciated.

sailjapan
Re: newbb 1.0 to cbb 3.08, howto?

Do you have Frameworks installed?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Brahma
  • 2009/5/1 16:55

• Brahma

• Just popping in

I thought I did as I saw the Frameworks directory etc. included with the 2.3.3, but looking a bit more closely I guess not.

I grabbed the latest (I think) and did the entire upgrade process over again including frameworks before I upgraded to XOOPS 2.3.3.

When I tried upgrading from newbb 2.02 to 3.0.8 this time (with inline error checking on) I found that the upgrade was having a fatal error with php scripts timing out, so I upped that from 30 seconds to 120 in php.ini and tried again, that time it looked like it ran ok however now I am seeing some different errors when I try to either access the forum modification area or go to the forums directly from the home page.

this is what I see when I try to 'modify' a forum in the admin section.
Fatal errorCall to undefined function: getinstance() in /home/wlsite/htdocs/Frameworks/textsanitizer/module.textsanitizer.php on line 215
None All errors 
(1queries (15blocks (0extra (2timers (3)
Errors
Warning
: Class 'xoopstree' is deprecatedcheck 'XoopsObjectTree' in tree.php in file /class/xoopstree.php line 45
Notice
: Use of undefined constant E_STRICT assumed 'E_STRICT' in file /class/logger/render.php line 98

This is what I see now when actually trying to go to the forums:
Fatal errorCall to undefined function: getinstance() in /home/wlsite/htdocs/Frameworks/textsanitizer/module.textsanitizer.php on line 215
None All errors 
(20queries (46blocks (5extra (2timers (5)
Errors
Warning
mytextsanitizer::maketboxdata4show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 665
Warning
mytextsanitizer::maketboxdata4show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 665
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Warning
Notice
: Use of undefined constant E_STRICT assumed 'E_STRICT' in file /class/logger/render.php line 98

I am assuming the E_STRICT is from using an older version of MySQL but that in itself doesn't seem to be an 'error'

what exactly is the 'sanitizer' doing and does it really need to be doing it?

Brahma
  • 2009/5/1 17:44

• Brahma

• Just popping in

Thanks for suggesting the frameworks, I believe I've gotten it all straightened out now.

I did some digging and found that the version I installed the first go around was 1.10 (it was what I got when hitting the link I found after dloading cbb3.08). I found 1.20 and installed that and the fatal errors went away.

After that I was back to where the forum index wasn't showing up, but I wasn't getting errors. I had been playing around with Themes yesterday and noticed some of the issues I was seeing with the forums, when using different themes.

I copied over the themes from XOOPS 2.3.3 and while the default theme still showed no forums, some of the others did so it seems to be an issue with the default theme (which may be from 2.0.13 still).

Anyway, I think all is well now! yay1

Brahma
  • 2009/5/5 14:34

• Brahma

• Just popping in

The main functionality is working now after finding a theme that works (default does not). Forums are visible, permissions are settable, etc.

Having some signature problems now (to be clear, I'm talking about signatures, tacked on to the bottom of a post, set in user profiles... not avatars that appear at the side of a post). People that have working images in their signatures are having them 'thumbnailed' is there somewhere where this can be turned off? Or the size of signatures adjusted?

The other issue is that HTML in signatures isn't working, it's showing up as html code. I have checked the user table in the database directly and it is stored as straight HTML there so it is getting filtered somehow. Where is that happening and is there a way to stop that?

I have been able to dig up a few posts on this here but no real answers other than 'use bbcode' which is not an option, as far as I know you can't do tables in bbcode, and a reference to re-installing frameworks (I am using 1.20 because that's what I've been able to find, trying to track down 1.22 that I've seen mentioned now). Hopefully the frameworks 1.22 will solve it but posting now in case it doesn't and it's something else, and someone can point me in the right direction.

Brahma
  • 2009/5/5 15:10

• Brahma

• Just popping in

upgrading to 1.22 did not solve the problem. I'm not sure if the image thing is theme related or something that has to do with cbb itself.

I am assuming that the html in signatures is something in the base XOOPS package since it shows up as html code in the signature itself in the user profile editor.

sailjapan

Apparently html is disabled in sigs for security reasons. See this post.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Brahma
  • 2009/5/5 19:58

• Brahma

• Just popping in

I've seen several posts mentioning that HTML sigs have been disabled for 'security reasons' but no pointers or direction to how to re-enable. Somewhere there is a filter that is taking the HTML stored in sql and spitting it out as 'code' and not letting the browser format it. It would be great if I could get a little guidance on how to reverse that.

bbcode will not do tables.

Brahma
  • 2009/5/11 20:28

• Brahma

• Just popping in

anyone have any idea?

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits