Brahma
1.3.x upgrade to 2.0.13.2 modify group windows not showing up
  • 2009/4/28 16:32

• Brahma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/28

If I do a fully fresh install of 2.0.13, and go to administration->groups and modify a group, I have 2 windows at the bottom, one with people not in the group, and 1 with people in the group. I can move people back and forth between these two lists.

This is exactly how group administration worked in 1.3

If I do the upgrade (start fresh with 2.0.13 files and the old database) I get a list at the bottom that only lets me delete users, or 'find users to add'.

Is this how it is supposed to be? Is there a way to make it work like the old way/fresh install way?

Also, I am starting out with 1.0 RC3.0.5. Should I do some other upgrade before the 2.0.13.2 to get this to work (like 1.3.9 or 1.3.10)? What version is RC 3.0.5 the release candidate for?

And while I'm asking old questions (I've searched and looked here, I swear!) what path should I take to get from 2.0.13.2 on up to 2.3.3?

sailjapan
Re: 1.3.x upgrade to 2.0.13.2 modify group windows not showing up

Re. Upgrade path: From the release notes in 2.3.3

Quote:
Upgrading from any XOOPS ranging from 2.0.7 to 2.0.13.2 (using the full package):
1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your LOCAL machine
2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/extras/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL machine
3. Upload the content of the htdocs folder on your LOCAL machine over your existing files on your server
4. Delete the following folders and files from your server (they belong to an old version): * class/smarty/core * class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php
5. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php
6. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of document root, or even change the folder names.
7. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
8. Access <your.site.url>/upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
9. Write-protect mainfile.php again
10. Delete the upgrade folder from your server
11. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Brahma
Re: 1.3.x upgrade to 2.0.13.2 modify group windows not showing up
  • 2009/4/28 19:45

• Brahma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/28

thanks! that definitely helps with the upgrade path, I tried that and it seems to work pretty well.

I am still curious about the group modification though. I'm wondering if it is a flag/switch somewhere at this point because the 'find people to add to this group' method works pretty well, and I can live with that, I just wonder why it happens on my upgrade route but if I install a clean fresh xoops, it's the move from one list to another method.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits