AlexSolo
Stuck on install of distribution file to mainfile.php
  • 2009/4/26 16:53

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

This is not my first XOOPS install but i have no installations above 2.16 at the moment.
Followed instructions including using mainfile.dist.protector and changing it to mainfile.dist.php. Cannot put xoops_lib or xoops_data outside of root so I renamed them but even naming them back to the original names installation stops at "Could not copy the distribution to mainfile.php". This is the error message I get. Tried chimod 777 "mainfile" to make writing easier but it just stops there. What have I missed doing?

zyspec
Re: Stuck on install of distribution file to mainfile.php
  • 2009/4/26 21:46

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Make sure you've set all the directory permissions as required too. You can find the directions in the release notes athttps://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4693

Make sure you set permissions for all the directories too:
* Ensure mainfile.php and uploads/ are writable by the web server
* Make the directory xoops_data/ writable; Create (if not already present) and make the directories xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable

AlexSolo
  • 2009/4/27 13:27

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Damn, maifile 777 did not stick. that was the problem. Loaded fine once I re-777 mainfile. must have forgot to save change!!!
Love the password generator, helps us incompetent find a good password. Thanks for making me double check.

zyspec
  • 2009/4/27 16:20

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

No problem. Glad you got it installed.

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits