Zanmir
template / start page
  • 2009/4/22 3:16

• Zanmir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/11

Hi

I have a couple of XOOPS sites with 2 different themes, 1 site displays the start page above the blocks, and the other site displays the blocks under the start page. How can I fix the template so the blocks appear before the startpage?

and is there a way, I can have the URL of the startpage just display the regular home url instead of www.yoursite.com/modules/rss/

ghia
Re: template / start page
  • 2009/4/22 7:41

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

What themes are you using and what is the desired position of this blocks as set in the bloak manager in admin?
Some older themes are not capable to show all 8 postions for blocks. Check out the code of theme.html of both themes.

The Url is changed, if you have appointed the rss module as default module for the home page in the preferences. The only way to do this is only using blocks on the front page.

robertt
  • 2009/4/22 16:12

• robertt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/27

the theme i would like to fix is the ATLANTIC theme for xoops, when the startpage is selected all the blocks appear BELOW the start page... my other theme MWR_RED when startpage is selected the blocks appear above startpage, this I would like to do the same for ATLANTIC theme...this has to do with the theme, I probally just got to change a bit of code in ATLANTIC for the blocks to appear below the startpage, with ATLANTIC theme all the blocks in all modules appear below the startpage or module, I need to change this so they are always before startpage or module like MWR_red...

thanks for reply..I need to fix this problem, if you can help please reply...

Robert/Zanmir

ghia
  • 2009/4/22 17:09

• ghia

I do not understand what you are exactly meaning with that wrong placement.
On XOOFOO, they look both to have the same disposition.
You can compare and edit the /themes/yourtheme/theme.html files to resolve the differences. Remember to add also the rules in the accompagning css file for the changed and added html tag names.

Zanmir
  • 2009/4/23 0:19

• Zanmir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/11

yes, i checked and the atlantic site does not have any custom blocks, just the regular modules running, my problem is when custom blocks are added with atantic they always appear below the module page your on.

also this problem happen when you select your startpage do a certain module. which i am now doing...and all the blocks appear under the start module, before when I had no start page just the regular index coming up the custom blocks appeared normal and in the same position I selected in the module block area. So, when I select a module to start as my home page under preferences, all those blocks that appear in order 0,1,2,3,4, are pushed beneath the start module info, all in the correct order, just below the module, this happens when you click lets say NEWS module, all the custom blocks appear under the news block, I want my customer blocks to appear before the module info, or the start module, thinking its faily simple template problem with telling XOOPS which to show first, the module info or the blocks.. i want the blocks to display then my module.. most modules do it properly, just this atlantic theme does not.. I know what files to edit, just need to get a starting point how to change that template or fix it, or I could just change the template and edit a working one.. but I like that one.. haha..

thanks if you can help with this template bug i want to fix..

ghia
  • 2009/4/24 7:14

• ghia

You have to edit theme.html. If you open it in the browser, you see how it makes the layout.
Inside you find tables with rows (tags: <tr> ... </tr>). One row contains the content variable and another a new table with the center blocks. Exchange the two rows of place.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits