Hasanibrahim
How the real upgrade? :(

I want to ask, how to real upgrading.. i have XOOPS sites and the files (modules, themes, uploads etc) are not empty as you guess. when i look upgrade instroctions: it says owerwrite the files. What will be datas in it ? modules, themes, images etc ?? Won't they be erased after confirm "owerwrite" ?

Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.3.1 or 2.3.2 (easy way)
1. Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository
2. Overwrite your existing files with the new ones
3. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your local machine
4. Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
5. Follow the instructions to update your database
6. Delete the upgrade folder from your server
7. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules, especially "profile" are recommended to update as well

ghia
Re: How the real upgrade? :(
  • 2009/3/17 16:40

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It will only overwrite and update your core XOOPS files and some system modules like eg system, profile and Protector and system themes as eg default. (see the directory listing of the archive) If you did not alter your previous running version with patches and hacks, you should not be concerned, else you may have to apply them again. Other modules like news, forum or albums or themes are unaffected.

But before doing things with major impact on your site such as upgrades, take always a full backup (files and database).

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits