Catzwolf
WF-Channel Beta Testers Required Please
  • 2009/3/14 18:57

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hiya Peeps,

I have been updating the WF-Channel and WF-Resource module for a update and I am looking for quite a few people to help test some new features that I added to this addition. While these wouldn't be considered important, they may however have a impact on some new features that I would like to add to XOOPS in the coming months.

Please do not use this on a production website and do not attempt to use the updater is you do. The updater has a couple of bugs and I will have to do a lil rewrite on the class that deals with this.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or issues and even some feature requests that might help. And no, I will not add categories to this module. Sorry. :)

Download from: From this location

Install instructions:

Install WF-Resource First and then install WF-Channel

FYI: WF-Projects will now be known as Xoosla Modules, and since it seems that SmartModules may not be compatible with future editions of Xoops, I have decided to bring back some of the modules into my stable and continue to work them.

If anyone would like to help and translate WF-Channel into another language, I would welcome a copy of the translations to make available to the public.

If anyone feels compelled to do some work on the templates for this module to make it compliant with WC3 standard etc, feel free, but if you could send me a copy of the templates, thanks (I you feel like redesigning them to, send me a copy ;) )

If anyone would like to help in any other capacity, ie development, moderators etc, please feel free to contact me. (PM Via this site)

My aim is to up-to-date, easy to use and most importunately, safe and secure modules for everyone to use.

Thank-you,

Catz

Catzwolf
Re: WF-Channel Beta Testers Required Please
  • 2009/3/14 19:09

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Current Issues already known regarding this version:

1. Update all pages: This will result in losing the current default page.
2. Duplicate All Pages: This will result in creating more than one default page if the default page is duplicated.
3. Pages Menu: There is currently no way to include pages into the Page Menu Block. This will require a database update and I will do that when I rewrite the WF-Channel updater.
4. Default Page: If a Page is selected as the default page, this will be shown twice on the page menu (once as the default and again as a link with the page name)

The might be a couple others that I have forgotten about.

Anonymous
  • 2009/3/14 20:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi Catz

I'm in, and will install my test-site tomorrow once I've put a new roof on the shed

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/14 21:15

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Thanks John :)

FYI, if you have had issues unzipping the archive, either redownload or upgrade to Winzip 12 :)

1lnxraider
  • 2009/3/14 23:36

• 1lnxraider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/5 1

I'll download and test this weekend...

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/15 14:53

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Many thanks

voltan
  • 2009/3/15 15:41

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

hello
in right to left languages we have problem

in wfchannel_index.html you add
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: right;">

can you add id or class for <div> and add left or right text align on a css file ?

( Special line 33 )
<div style="text-align: left; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px;"><{$page_info.maintext}></div>

we can add your div id's on local style.css . or if you have time please add local css for ecch language

thanks

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/15 16:05

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Is there anything at the moment in the CSS I module developers could use to determine alignment and make it easy to for ltr and rtl.

Because, I believe that styles is something that a module developer should not have to worry about, and tools like these should be available by the core (code/css wise). This way it would make it easier for all concerned.

Is there anything theme development wise that will make rtl and ltr easier?

Catz

chco2
  • 2009/3/15 17:17

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

Just wrote a nice languagetool to help translate modules quicker.
I'll see if I can provide you with the dutch translation!
“It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/15 17:33

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Many thanks, I do not think there will be any changes to the language file for final release. Well I hope not lol

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits