bumpeboy
Restore old database in new xoops
  • 2009/3/11 23:11

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/4

Hi,
I backed up my database from my server Jan 2008. Today March 2009 i am trying to restore the old txt database on the latest XOOPS but the site goes white page although sometime i can see the old contents from the admin panel but the main site is plain white.
How can i solve that or install the old DB perfectly?
Thanks
Xoops is immortal.

sailjapan
Re: Restore old database in new xoops

A few questions to help us help you.
- What version of XOOPS was your old site? Some old modules don't work so well under modern XOOPS versions (2.3.x).
- What version of php is your server running?
- How did you upload your old db? Did you use a tool like phpadmin? Is your old prefix the same as your new one?

If you can access your admin, try disabling all the modules, then re-enable them one by one. Make sure that you still have a backup of the old db!

Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Catzwolf
Re: Restore old database in new xoops
  • 2009/3/12 8:39

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Here is the steps to follow:

1. Create a database (Using phpMyAdmin)
2. Import your old database into the new one that you just created in the previous step.
3. Copy the latest XOOPS to your server.
4. Install Xoops, use the database details and the new database name that you created. The new updater will notice that you already have a database created and populated and skip this.
5. Once your website has been installed. Move the upgrade folder (You will find this in the main distribution archive) over to your XOOPS website and using your browser, point the url to this. ie.http://myxoopswebsite/upgrade) and follow the instruction to upgrade.

Your website now should be updated. If you have any further issues? let us know :)

Catz

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits