caponey
How to set the home page
  • 2009/3/11 18:42

• caponey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/4 2

So I've been able to create pages,and have links to them using multi menu. One of the pages is the "Home" page, and the very first link in multimenu is "Home." How do I make this page the default page that is loaded, I.e., the actual home page?

Anonymous
Re: How to set the home page
  • 2009/3/11 19:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
caponey wrote:

So I've been able to create pages

How have you created your pages? I mean, which module have you used? A content module or one like WF-Channel?

Quote:
caponey wrote:

One of the pages is the "Home" page, and the very first link in multimenu is "Home." How do I make this page the default page that is loaded, I.e., the actual home page?

If I understand you correctly, you want one of the pages that you've created to appear as the homepage when someone visits your site. It's not as easy as you might think and depends upon which module you used to create your pages.

The normal way with XOOPS is to either:

1. use the core's "Top Page" and put blocks from modules on it
2. specify which module (but not a specific page) you want to be your homepage

The easiest way is to get the HTML code from the page that you want to be your homepage and paste it into a Custom Block. You can then set that Custom Block to appear on the Top Page. Effectively, this is using method 1. above.

Alternatively, you try a combination of 2. above using a module that allows you to set a page made with that module as the one that displays first within the module. I'm thinking here of SimplyWiki v1.1 which is currently in beta release (but is very stable and will be released formally very soon). Email me if you want a copy.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits