IShades
How do I add flash to my content pages?
  • 2009/3/9 1:23

• IShades

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

Everytime I tried to add a flash file to a page in the XOOPS content module, it doesnt show the flash but merely the actual flash code. Is there a way I can add flash files to my content pages????

I checked the search feature but couldnt find an answer...
Immortal Shades MultiMedia- FLASHin SINCE FLASH 3
Email: info@immortalshades.com

Catzwolf
Re: How do I add flash to my content pages?
  • 2009/3/9 6:40

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

How are you adding flash to your content?

The XOOPS editor in XOOPS 2.3+ does have a button to allow you to add flash to your content, try that.

Flash embedded html

And make sure you select html in the pulldown selection box or it wont work

Wonderfish1

Hi all,

I have checked the forums for solutions and read the relevant part of the FAQ.

I am having trouble loading Flash video to Forum posts. The video plays, but there are no controls on the bottom of the video frame.

The Flash output consists of 3 files -

Testflash.swf - the main swf
Video006.flv - The main video file
SkinUnderAll.swf - another swf that provides the controls.

If you access the main swf directly, the video has controls but does not seem to size - see here.

If you use the Flash button in the XOOPS editor to add the swf, it seems to size properly but not add the controls - see the forum post here.

I have looked everywhere and tried for hours to fix this. If anyone has any solutions, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Tim

Wonderfish1

Hi all,

I would really like some help with this if anyone can help.

Other things I have tried:

I have used flash to generate an HTML page, and tried to load the html into the XOOPS form. No dice.

I have changed all the links (that I could identify) in the html from relative to absolute links. This also doesn't work.

Anyone?

Please?

TIA,
Tim

ghia
  • 2010/2/3 8:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I don't know anything about Flash, but it seems to me, that this is a Flash problem. If you can make a bare html page with the flash object working correctly in, you would also be able to integrate it in XOOPS.
You now have:
<html><head></head><body>
<
object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="640" height="520"><param name="movie" value="/Flash/Testflash.swf"><param name="QUALITY" value="high"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="/Flash/Testflash.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="520"></object>
</
body></head>

Wonderfish1

Quote:
I don't know anything about Flash, but it seems to me, that this is a Flash problem. If you can make a bare html page with the flash object working correctly in, you would also be able to integrate it in XOOPS.

Yes, that was what I thought, but it appears not.

That was why I gave the link to the Flash outside of Xoops, which works, and to the Flash as referenced in a forum post inside Xoops, which does not. The point being that the flash works outside of Xoops, but not inside.

I have tried to use working html inside of Xoops, but it also fails.

Thanks,
Tim

ghia
  • 2010/2/3 15:38

• ghia

Quote:
The point being that the flash works outside of Xoops, but not inside.
It works by using directly Testflash.swf in the URL. But you should get it working embedded in a seperate html page as in my code example. Once you can get it work like that, it will work also inside XOOPS.

Wonderfish1

Yes, the video does work, but as I stated in the post above, the controls on the bottom do not. When it is outside of Xoops, the control bar does appear (see links above).

Thanks,
Tim

ghia
  • 2010/2/4 8:55

• ghia

Quote:
When it is outside of Xoops, the control bar does appear (see links above).
No, you prooved it is working outside HTML, by calling the .swf file directly in the URL.
What you need to get it to work at, is inside an HTML document as eg in the way of my Testflash.html example.

Wonderfish1

Quote:
What you need to get it to work at, is inside an HTML document as eg in the way of my Testflash.html example.

Absolutely. This is entirely my point. That html works from inside the directory that houses the swf files. If I put that html in a forum post, the controls do not appear at the bottom of the video. This is what I am trying to solve.

Thanks,
Tim

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits