Cozzie
Yogurt scraps can it work like a Wall?
  • 2009/3/1 5:19

• Cozzie

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/7/13

Hi there, not sure if I am missing something here but the XOOPS scraps feature seems only to work as public message display. Is it possible to make it like a wall in other social networks where any messages posted by you or any of your friends are displayed on your wall.

I really like yogurt but the wall is really a key feature of any social network, its what encourages people to make friends and keep visiting to see what other are doing.

But as things stand now (unless I'm missing something) the scraps wall doesn't do this.

thanks!

Cozzie
Re: Yogurt scraps can it work like a Wall?
  • 2009/3/2 10:48

• Cozzie

• Not too shy to talk

gentle bump!

I'd love to keep using yogurt but if its not possible to make Scraps work like the Facebook Wall, I'll have to look elsewhere.

grateful for any input!

Cozzie
  • 2009/3/4 3:38

• Cozzie

• Not too shy to talk

Can anyone help me on this?

Right now the scraps feature on the yogurt module appears to be a commenting feature only. I can write a comment on someone's page but that's it. If they reply to me, the answer can be seen on my page but the original question is only on their page.

Can the yogurt module's scraps wall be made to function like similar features in other social networks. I mean can it, for each user, display any messages written by the user or their friends? So if I add a scrap and I have 10 friends, my message will be appear on my scrap wall as well as each of my 10 friends' scrap walls.

Can this be done? Is it something that might be enabled in a future release?

It is this which makes a community grow, without it there is no reason to become friends with someone and no incentive to keep logging in to see what's happening.

Thanks a lot if you can let me know

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/4 3:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Does the author of this module have a website or available on sourceforge etc? If so, you might get better luck approaching them directly with this question or submitting a bug report about it.

Catz

Mamba
  • 2009/3/4 5:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Marcello is now doing his master degree while working full time, so unfortunately he doesn't have any time for Yogurt, and he was very open about it.

So it's pretty much an orphan module.

But there are few people who are working on hacks and changes, so hopefully they will share their work and together will create a cool Yogurt 2.0, which probably will be a merger with Profile.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits