tank1955
Any Progress on XoopsGraphs?
  • 2009/1/25 18:18

• tank1955

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/9/7 1

Can anyone tell me if there has been any progress on XoopsGraphs since the prototype release last year? I have downloaded the Prototype and have had to make several modifications in order to get certain jpgraph features working.

Here is a screenshot to show some examples of what we have managed to accomplish so far.

Resized Image

wishcraft
Re: Any Progress on XoopsGraphs?

Hi how you doing? Yeah there have been a couple of changes to the xoopsgraphs, I would like to work with you if you are interested in doing it. Please contact me via pm and I will be happy to continue developing it.

Many people where asking for a Flash version as well, but due to the limitation of mobile technology to display graphs in flash I decided to continue with this module.

The prototype was extended for the Frameworks 1.35 and it would be good to finalise it. We would also have to write and API for it as the wrapper class is for congruencey of the portability of other graphing libraries.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

tank1955
  • 2009/1/30 2:43

• tank1955

• Module Developer

Thanks wishcraft. I have installed the XoopsGraphs Demo at Custom Virtual Designs. For those who are interested in seeing the progress you can visit here.

We just got the Gantt Chart working and I believe examples such as this show the real power of JPGraph.

Mamba
  • 2009/1/30 7:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

This is awesome!!! I'm glad that you guys are working together on this. This got so much potential for XOOPS and for new modules for XOOPS.

Keep it up!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tank1955
  • 2009/2/4 1:49

• tank1955

• Module Developer

Here are a few more graph and image examples which were recently completed.

Resized Image

tank1955
  • 2009/2/7 2:02

• tank1955

• Module Developer

XoopsGraphs shows a great deal of promise and I am continuing development assistance to Wishcraft but this prompted me to consider if there might be a simpler approach. As an experiment I am building a different prototype called XGraphs which I will be releasing for review. The basic structure will be to use JPGraph right out of the box without additions. Along with the JPGraph library an example module will be provided that can be used by developers as a base for building their own module creation. To see the status of this development you can visit Custom Virtual Designs

wishcraft

Hi tank, the hours between our local make it difficult... sydney vs your place... Look forward to seeing your complement to the classes...

Remember in XoopsGraphs (as you are aware). The idea was to have XML programmable graphs, this is for storage and large flatfile graphing with utilization of SimpleXML...

I like the idea of using a straight out of the box for JPGraph tho... Anyway I can help please let me know.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/14 13:08

• Anonymous

• Since:

Guys, this is excellent work and looks like it will be useful for may xoopsers

Quote:
wishcraft wrote:

The prototype was extended for the Frameworks 1.35 and it would be good to finalise it.

It would be really good, and save a lot of confusion amongst users if the Frameworks additions/changes needed for XoopsGraphs could be integrated into and shipped with the XOOPS core download.

One less thing for users to have to download/worry about and less confusing as there are several Frameworks versions in circulation.

Just a thought!

tank1955
  • 2009/2/14 13:59

• tank1955

• Module Developer

Thanks Wishcraft. I fully agree with you and I believe both approaches have merit. It will all depend on the user's application whioh one will fill their specific needs.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits