shellkiwi
Popularity and Ratings Listings Missing in PD-Links and PD-Downloads
  • 2009/1/18 11:31

• shellkiwi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/25

I have been going rounds and rounds with this for days....
I am hoping that someone can help.

I have been looking for two good modules: one so my website users can download files, and one where I can put links to other sites. Simple, right?

After trying several different modules, some of which I couldn't get to work at all, I found PD-Links and PD-Downloads. I like how the modules handle, and have been getting them set up as I wanted. However, I just discovered that both modules have a problem. When opening the modules on the website itself, each one has a menu at the top with three options: Latest Listings, Popularity, and Rating. The Latest Listings file seems to work just fine. The Popularity and Rating links go to a blank page. See the visual at Problem Page.

There should be a table of links/downloads. Instead, there's nothing.

I think that the html files for these 4 pages are pointing to incorrect data locations, but for the life of me, I cannot get it figured out. I did manage to get the table to appear, but am now stuck in pulling in the data. See the partially fixed version at Partially fixed

I ran the debugger, but it found no errors with these files.

I am pretty new to this, so any help is appreciated.

I am using:
PHP 5.x
MySQL Database Version 5.0
Xoops 2.3.2

Thanks!
Shellie

ghia
Re: Popularity and Ratings Listings Missing in PD-Links and PD-Downloads
  • 2009/1/18 12:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

shellkiwi, welcome to the XOOPS forum!

The modules seems to be a variant of WF-Downloads and WF-Links. I don't know which are the features why you prefer these, but check if they are still maintained by their developer.
I know the WF-XXX modules are still maintained. I believe also that the PD variants have less users, so help can be limited. Maybe you can pose your question on his site.

shellkiwi
Re: Popularity and Ratings Listings Missing in PD-Links and PD-Downloads
  • 2009/1/18 19:37

• shellkiwi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/25

I installed WF-links with the exact same problems.... the tables for links listed by popularity and rating do not appear. Also, with WF-links, I get the following error message when I click on the link to another website:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error:
Class wflAgeHandler does not exist.
Handler Name: age

Backtrace:
/modules/wflinks/include/functions.php (38)
/modules/wflinks/visit.php (20)

I reran the debugger, and got an error this time. It was the same error on both WF-links and PD-links modules:
Warning: Class 'XoopsTree' is deprecated, check 'XoopsObjectTree' in tree.php in file /class/xoopstree.php line 46

At this point, I don't care which of these module sets I use (PD or WF), if I could just get one of them to work correctly!

Thanks in advance,
Shellie

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits